Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
any bluegills in sand Hollow?

I am planning to go down to sand Hollow in southern Utah, and wanted to know if any one has caught any bluegill of any size there.
I know the bass fishing is getting better, but love to catch big gills just as much. ( Get kids hooked on fishing "take em".) Joe fisherman
[signature]
Yes, there are bluegills in Sand Hollow and plenty of them. As for size, I'm not sure. I have always focused only on bass fishing in that lake.

Quail Creek has a good population of bluegill as well, and I know there are some big ones in there. I'd definitely consider stopping there as well. Also, the state record crappie was caught at Quail. However, I have not heard of too many people catching them.

If I were you, I'd also bring some bass lures/plastics along. Both of those lakes have some of the biggest bass in the state. Good luck!
[signature]
Thanks for the hollow report.even if they wont bite it will be worth getting into some warmer weather Joe
[signature]
There are millions of bluegills in there. We go around mothers day. You just got to find the bigger gills. everywhere you look you can see them. Bass fishing is awesome as well..
pineviewfisher
[signature]