Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
deer creek 5/29
hey all,

got out of school early today because it is the last day of school, and decided rather than sit at home i would go fishing at deer creek, that was a wise disicion. I fished the north side of the island, and had a blast, i caught all species in deer creek except a blu gill. i even caught a large mouth. I did get rather sunburned again but it is just the price i will pay for a hot day and a bunch of fish. My smallest fish was a sm bass, my biggest was a carp. the ladrge mouth was about 10 inches and put up a good fight even though it was small. the smallest small mouth i caught was about 5 inches, it was a minnow. I was dragging a worm on the bottom, and it was working mighty well, on every cast i would catch something, even if it was a rock occasionally. saw a few boats out on the water. wish i had my camera with me, it would have been nice for me to show all of my species. totalled out to be about 15 fish, in a 3 hour time slot. i will tell you what, it was one of my best days fishing yet. totalled out to be seven different species(large and small mouth bass, brown,rainbow and cutthroat trout, walleye, carp) all withsome good size to them.

It has come to my attention that there may not be cutthroat in deer creek, i would hope that my trout id was not off, can any one confirm that there is cutts in deer creek? i have caught them in the river so i am sure they are 8in the lake.
[signature]
Sounds alot better than setting at home, but fishing always sounds better than setting home. Good day on the lake way to go.
[signature]
Nice report FB2 , Do you think it was a cutt or maybe a brown that has been in the lake for a while . They can be real lite in color sometimes . I have never caught a cutt in the middle section of the Provo , but they could be in there. Been hookin LM bass every night after work , biggest was 14 ". Nailed a 4" LM tonight . LOL Just a hair bigger than the rapala I was using . LOL
[signature]
Hey fb2

i have caught them in the river as well. Though i have never caught a cutt in deer creek i would imagine they are in there somewhere. Could it have possibly been a cuttbow? I know alot of the rainbows that are stocked or are in the res. are cuttbows and caught alot of them. Again i havent caught a cuttbow in deer creek either but if it had red or orange slashes it had some cutt in it either way. pretty cool to hear that they might be in there or are. nice day on deer creek.
[signature]
Way to go FB2! All of those species and not one perch? In my youth, I had some fun days at Deer Creek catching a variety of fish.
[signature]
kent

well i did hook a perch but it broke free on a rock just 2 ft away. it was stuck to the rock, because the split shots are what got snagged. so i decided i would take a dip and got it loose, i tried to hang on to the line but he got away fro me.

xman

mabye it was a cuttbow, but it looked remarkably like a cutthroat. what ever species of trout it was, it had a decent fight.
[signature]