Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2 1/2 mile walk to perch
I had the pleasure of fishing with my good friend Phil today. I can only hope that I could be in as good as shape as he is when I am his age. We started the day at 6:30 The fog was light, the weather ended up to be t-shirt weather. The ice is 6-8 inches thick. The shore still looks good at 2 p.m. Alot smaller groups fishing today compared to a couple sundays ago. Reports from the boat ramp are still no fish. Phil and I managed to catch our limit and enjoyed a beautiful day with good company. Thanks again fishin phil. Pikeman GONE FISHIN'[fishin]
P.S. Thanks again tubedude for the picture help. Maybe I should quit fishing and go to computer school LOL
[signature]
You never said WHERE you were fishin'
[signature]
In the water silly. But I guess I won't have no pics cause ham hands broke the 8GB memory chip for the camera so i can't retrieve the pics. Best BUy here I come. Bummer. We were at the secret island. That is at Yuba. Pikeman GONE FISHING[fishin]
[signature]
Lets see??? 2 1/2 miles ??? lets see if you go from the dam end and head for painted rocks you would be about 1/4 miles south of painted rocks boat ramp....

If you started at the boat ramp at painted rocks and headed for the dam end you would be in 2 1/2 miles at the ranger housing...

How far did you walk and from where???[Wink][sly][fishin]
[signature]
You're hardcore Pikeman! You're sure getting your excercise in this week. Glad to hear yesterday wasn't a fluke.
We were heavy on the fish tacos today after our Fishlake trip.
[signature]
I know, you had me going...2 1/2 miles I know....[Wink][sly][Wink][sly]...[crazy]...You went 1 1/4 out and 1 1/4 back [crazy][crazy][:/]..Lets see I have my map ....From here to their its???? and here its??? Now I have it!! You was right here on the map...Now I know where to go, thanks PikeMan....[Wink][Wink]
[signature]
This is the second report that I have heard that refers to secret island. Is this the name of the place or is it really secret. I am not asking you to tell me your secret spot, I was just wondering.
[signature]
Depends on the level of the water wether a couple spots are islands or not, there is one off the NW corner of the lake near the beach, one on N. side of narrows and one E. of Walleye Point. I'm sure more pop up as the lake really drops. The only island I know of at full pool is the one over by Painted Rocks. I haven't fished there since the Walleye hay days. Some one mentioned on another thread about the Rangers there, I use to fish that lake alot back in those days and store my 5th wheel there from March-July and they are all a great bunch of guys. (PACKFAN)[fishin]
[signature]
Look at Lake map, you will find it
[signature]
Its funny how everyone's trying to figure out your place - all in fun, though. I thought the lake was 14 miles long so at least 2 1/2 miles long comment helps puts the size into perspective. I'm hitting fishlake or yuba on the 14th. Hope fish are cooperative.
[signature]
secret spot or not i dont think many ppl are going to be walking that far, maybe a atv or snowmachine but to far for most to pull a sled
[signature]
Is fishin phils last name stevens. If so thats my uncle.
[signature]
Okay Bassrods. It is alot like that average size Perch I catch out there are the same size you catch. LOL. I am thinking that I am pretty close to two and a half miles. At least it seamed that far for a fat man like me. But if I'm off a little bit that's okay too. The secret Island was nick named the "secret island" so that other people wouldn't know where it was at. It is a ridge just east of walleye point. You'll have to ask bassrods how many miles or kilometers or meters it is. And yes to your question about fishin phil. That's one of my fishin partners. Pikeman GONE FISHING[fishin]
[signature]