Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
40 fish day at Scofield
We hit the ice on the dam arm while the stars were still bright in the sky. It was definitely not a warm day to start with but it was sure beautiful. The fishing was really slow to start with but it picked up after the sun hit the ice and was almost non stop bites for the next couple hours.

I wish I could say the 40 fish we caught were nice big rainbows or tigers but only one rainbow came through the ice today. The rest were ugly chubs. We did our best to clean a number of chubs out of the lake to help rid the place of the pests. Still wish we could get into some fun fish because the chubs sure don't put up much of a fight!
[signature]
even a chub day beats getting skunked.
[signature]
I've wondered about that do you just kill the chubs and leave them or is that illegal ???

Caught a few a few weeks ago but wasn't real solid on what to do with them ???
[signature]
Yup, just throw them chubs out on the ice and let them lay. Although it would be nice to throw them away from where ewveryone is fishing so it doesn't stink up and ugly up the place.

F&G will thank you as well as the eagles.

On Saturday, at Fish Lake, three eagles were flying from spot to spot after people we're leaving from ice fishing looking for perch scraps.
[signature]
[font "Times New Roman"][#000000]Why don't you all save those chubs for bait? [fishin][/#000000][/font]
[signature]
40 chubs is a lot of bait!
[signature]
I can't wait for a couple years to go by with the new Scofield regulations. I'll stay away until then! I anticipate that in a couple or few years, I'll have TWO favorite lakes...Strawberry and Scofield!
[signature]
I used to N.ot have E.nough T.ime O.ff to go fishing.  Then I retired.  Now I have less time than I had before. Sheesh.
There is a fox, or coyote that keeps Scofield clean of all edible offerings left by fishermen in the winter. He hits most of the abandoned holes every night. I leave chubs, and what ever I have left over from lunch, and he cleans them up every time. Some times I even bury them to see if he can find them, and without fail, he cleans it up. Never seen him, but his tracks criss cross that lake every night. Leave him the chubs, I'm sure he could use the calories trying to keep warm up there!

IceAndFly
[signature]
Just bring the chubs back. Get ahold of me and I will come pick them up. That way they dont go to waste.

Thanks

Casey
[signature]