Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Weber evening report 3/3
Headed up the canyon for a few hours with my fly rod. Beautiful weather and perfect water conditions. I tied on a #14 BH PN and a size 22 Zebra Midge and added a couple small sinkers. I found my first spot to be void of fish except a tiny cutthroat that took the Zebra. I moved further downstream to another usually productive spot. NADA! Oh well, one more fav spot. Got to the run and first cast nailed another cutt of about 16". A kiss and back in the drink. 3 casts later a nice whitie of about 18"! I ended up with 11 fish for the day including 3 cutts and the rest whities. No browns?? Unusual for that stretch. Midges were blanketing the water but only saw 1 rise. Great day to be on the river.[cool]
[signature]
i have been wondering how the webs been lately. thanks might go there soon while its sunny.[Wink]
[signature]
I guess this is as good a place as any to post a quicky summary. Been to the Web with Sparky a couple of times in the last 2 weeks above Croydon and have caught mostly browns ranging from dinks to 19 in. and maybe a half dozen whities. I have caught 2 tiger trout,[shocked] (to my surprise). about 8-9 in. and of course returned them un harmed. My first in hand look, pretty fish. I hear they grow fast, I hope so.
[signature]
Hey bud, got some good news for you. I kept a couple whities this trip and just got done eating them. You are the winner! They were awesome! I smoked one and fried the other with olive oil, butter, and garlic. Sprinkled it with lemon pepper and yum. I will think twice before turning another one loose.[Wink]
[signature]
You were a tough convert and suspect you're still a little hesitant but it looks like I'm making progress. Good on ya. Went again today a little further up and had a ball. Caught lots but nothing giant. Caught a better proportion of whities. Didn't keep any since I still have another meal to eat up. [Smile] Sparky had a ball chasing em when I released em. Had to retrieve a several from him but they all went back. Good thing that Goldens are soft mouthed.
[signature]