Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Palisades
My wife keeps bugging me to take her to PaliSades ice fishing but I hate going there. The fish are sooo slow to bite. Any suggestions or recent trips there lately?[Image: sleeping.gif]
[signature]
hey Cutbow,
Im staying with my inlaws in Star Valley. I'm planning on heading up to paliSades in the morning. I've never fished it. I try to do most my fishing on the Gorge. I brought my car up here to save on gas. Where can I park and still access the lake and not get stuck? Any info would be greatly appreciated. Its discouraging to hear that the bite there is usually slow. I hope if I do get a few they will have some size to them. Good luck to you. Fishjon
[signature]
My suggestion would be the Big Elk area. They plow out this area and your car shouldn't get stuck. Its a little climb down to the lake. Fish with worm-corn, red or green rubber jigs tipped with meal worm. This seems to work sometimes. If you do get into fish CUTS and BROWNS they run around 2 to 3lbs, fish about 15 to 26ft of water seems to be where they hang. Good Luck and Fishjon[fishin]cutbow
[signature]
if your looking for some river fishing down below the damn is good, i have never fished it during the winter but i would think you could get some late spawning browns or atleaste some that are lingering
[signature]