Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
yuba perch
Ok guys, Gona set the record straight...Perch,bass,crappies,walleyes..ect..this comes from someone who has spent alot of time on the water and has a couple of years of fishery bio behind me. Dont ask why I didnt finish.[she was blonde]...All of the fish that I mentioned before are not indiginous . Everyone agree on that?..They have a diffrent eccosysteme that they have evolved in, but because of our love for one kind of fish we brought it with us Anybody lost yet? Perch in yuba,deercreek and all of the lakes that they are in have to spawn about the same time the water starts dropping[dont forget we live in the dessert and irrigation is the way it is]..they spawn on shallow flats that have some grass or vegetation on it.BOOM! the water drops 3 feet in one night!,now what?..say goodbye to that yearclass of fish[ dont matter if its perch or bass or gills.] sorry thats how it is .. any questions? ill be happy to reply.. good fishin!!
[signature]
What are you talking about?????????????

Do you know what you are talking about?????
[signature]
[#6000bf]I will sleep better tonight, thanks[/#6000bf]
[signature]
Ah, let me guess biology student?
[signature]
was 15 years ago
[signature]
k cliff you should know better.
[signature]
oh ya im a young one got baits older than you lol
[signature]
Advise from someone who is not going to RRIP you a new one. I wouldnt post info/records that you haven't a clue about. Unless your asking a question. The outdoor peers on this forum, as far as I have read really know their **** and most likely will let you know the exact time most fish spawn. The species that you posted are in almost any case spawn as the water is on the rise(spring) as the water temps rise as well.
Although Certain types of trout, char. and others species(not mentioned due to the fact that I dont want to be "bashed" on, in the case that I am not totally accurate because some of the the perch are full of eggs right now) do spawn in the Fall/Winter
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Quit relying on books and spend more time on Utah waters...observing what REALLY happens. The perch spawn in EARLY spring, while the runoff is coming in and FILLING the lakes...not after the water users begin draining the lakes for irrigation.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]On most perch waters you can see large clouds of perch fry in the shallows long before the lakes start dropping.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]The species that are most impacted by dropping water levels are the warm water fish like bass and bluegill, which build nests in shallow water in the early summer. But, even then, there is usually enough water still coming into the lake from tributaries that they will not drop more than a few inches in one week. The major water level drops usually occur in late summer, when irrigation needs are highest and inflow is lowest. By that time all species have long since spawned.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]The only record you have set straight is that you like to spout unfounded opinions. You need to complete your degree in fisheries biology and spend more time in on-the-water research before telling more experienced anglers "how it is".[/#0000ff]
[signature]
I was out there last sunay and caught several perch that were only three inches long. To my knoledge they havent planted it for a few years. So they must be reproducing. We did catch some of them big fatties they were tastie.
[signature]
Just so us lame ducks will know in the days we have left to fish....

What temps and water depths do the types of fish you named spawn in???

And what cover or structurer do they use???

And what time of year do they do it???
[signature]
AMEN![fishin]
[signature]
Thanks Im sorry for giving my opinion on why fishing in the west can be tough ,I did not know there were so many good fisherman on this site.I got most my information from only two sources. One was working with wayne Gustaveson in the early 80's I spent a whole summer working with him and use what I learned from him to this day. The only other source of information that I can draw from is the time I spent with my uncle fishing in florida, I dont think any of what my uncle glenn taught me is b/s he spent a lot time fishing and filming bass and other fish on the river not far from his house. So my apologies to all of you again for spouting off I'll keep my opinions to myself
[signature]
First of all, welcome to the site Zman. Sorry your first post got you off to such a rocky start but as FOD said there are a lot of folks on this board with a lot of fishing knowledge. We love to read reports and see pictures but making your first post in the manner you did might not have been the best way to introduce yourself to the board. Again welcome to BFT and thanks for signing up. WH2
[signature]
Dude welcome to the site . I am florida to but the bass in florida come from different waters than utah The temps there stay warmer and will fluctuate a lot more than utahs waters especially in the summer months beause of the flooding that occurs occasionally during hurricane season. I would listen to the advice given by some of the seasoned fishermen there are some that have been fishing over 30 years plus they give good advice.
[signature]
thanks ocean, I know a bit about florida spent a few summers down there on the st.johns when I was growing up thanks again for the advice
[signature]
zman1
I hope you didnt take my post the wrong way, it was meant to be friendly. I am trying to help put out the fire you accidentally started. Dont get discouraged on your opinions I dont mind learning from other people and helping anybody out if I can.
[signature]
Thanks for clearing up your user name FOD, with 40 + years working with aircraft in one capacity or another it meant something totaly different to me.[fishin]
[signature]
I am now wondering what you referred it too. Its funny you mentioned that about the meaning I was just about to change that part of my quote. I guess I will leave it incase their are any more experienced aircraftsmen out out their. LOL
F.O.D started as a fishing contest between me and my fishing buddies. I use it as my user name to make them mad. If you want i can tell you the rules of FOD but it is complicating due to circumstances.
[signature]
Its nice to have you here on BFT, but like said Utah waters are not like Florida. water...

Perch start to spawn when water reaches 42* and is all but done by 52*, walleye start at about 48 and is all but done by 55* bass Sm will start when water is 58* on the surface and by 65* all but done...

Then you have LM bass they start when water gets to 58* at one foot deep of water and all but done when water get to 68*, then you have blue gills they start at 65* to 68* and have been found to spawn till waters reach 80* on some waters...

Perch and walleyes spawn before the runoff gets going in most years, bass spawn at the ending of the runoff...

Any or all of the said temps can chang as weather or cold fronts come and go...
[signature]