Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"NO" fish lake report
my brother and i went to fish lake this morning got a late start ended up getting poles in water after the 30 minutes of hiking to the east side of the lake across from the marina at 11 o clock had a fish finder. found a couple in 103' of water couldn't get anything to bite tried all kinds of jigs and bait combinations. moved around a lot 40' 78' 50' 21' 100' saw the majority of the fish on the finder in 103' of water couldn't get them to bite. on our way back we stopped in 18' of water and had one bite. on our way across the lake stopped and talked to one person said they hadn't had a bite. they were in 23 feet of water and 40' of water. ice was about a foot thick everywhere. heard 5 people fell in the water yesterday on the radio this morning. i think crossing the big crack in the middle of the lake. everybody made it out ok. heard someone had a heart attack though. snowed all day except for a couple hours. definately going to have to go back to the berry for my next trip.
sorry if my report is not that great i'm new to this. any questions or comments would be nice. thanks

newfisherman14
[signature]
Your report is great. Informative, friendly, and straight to the point i don't see whats wrong with it. I've heard a ton of stories about the said crack up there, sounds like it's eaten alot of folks up and a few atv's as well. The fish up there are kinda dumpy right now it sounds like, i'm going to wait a few weeks before i head that way again. Thanks for the report.
[signature]
thanks. chris w i found your blog page searching how to fish mack and decided to go to fish lake to try and catch some. can i ask how did you catch those huge macks? (the ones on your blog page) that 27#er woaw. how deep what with all the good stuff.
[signature]
Sorry, you weren't able to get into the fish. We were there for the weekend and had a great time. Caught lot's of splake and a few fat rainbows. On the east side we were able to get a couple of small mac (23") we fished in about 60' of water. The splake and rainbow were suspended down about 20' the mac on the bottom. Never ran into any soft spots. The fourwheelers went great.
[signature]
good for you guys! wish i coulda found em'. curious were you fishing north or south of the pressure ridge? where i was it was really steep drop off. i was south there were 3 or 4 groups of people where we were fishing. were you one of them?? maybe you saw us we were two people dragging around a black 2 person ice hut on a a sled by foot. had a power auger i borrowed from a friend that was a slice of heaven. i would have died with my manual auger. we probably drilled 20 holes. that's my 5th trip ice fishing ever. maybe i'm a bad fisherman lol who knows well if practice don't make perfect i hope it makes something right!
[signature]