Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Many thanx Old Coot - BUUURRRRP!!!
[#ff0000]Wanted to be the first to say thank you to old coot and his crew for a terrific lunch and get together. They really went all out. Enjoyed meeting everyone, catch ya'll later on the water. [/#ff0000]
[signature]
I'll second that, it was great Old Coot and crew. It was all you said and more, well worth waiting for. It was great meeting all you guys and gals too. WH2
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]Sounds like it was a good shindig. Wish I could of made it. I hope folks like Walleye Paul and his crew got some grub. I know that me and MGB couldn't make it so someone should of made out![/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]Sounds like 3rd time was a charm, Old Coot! Was it all you anticipated?[/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]BTW, how was the fishin'? Any body put a hurtin' on the wipers and walleyes?[/size][/font]
[signature]
yup sorry i couldnt make it either. how was the wiper fishin? ill hit the next one. thinking about that dutch oven food is making my mouth water. dang i wish work didnt interfere.
[signature]
I wish I could of had some of that blue ribbon cooking hopefully Old Coot and his crew will have another dinner this summer. I did make it to willard at 5:00 and did some fishing for 4 1/2 hours. I caught 3 walleyes and 3 wipers 1 wiper weighted 3.3 and another weighted 2.9 the walleye were 16"-18". My fishing partner caught 2 wipers and 1 walleye plus lost 2 wipers at the boat. We fished by the feed lot and out by the island.

Even though I could not make it to the dinner I would like to thank Old Coot and his crew for the effort they put into the dinner.
[signature]
[cool]Yes OLD COOT thanks for a good time!!! And the great food. It was nice to finally put faces to names and to get to know each other more AND FIND OLD FISHING BUDDIES!! Found out about ten years ago I used to fish with HellsAngler69 often and we caught up with old times. Had lots of fun talking to all you guys and hope we can do this kind of thing more often.
[signature]
Yes Thanks Old Coot for the dutch oven treat . I'm glad walleyepaul made it and it was nice meeting everyone . I'm in sunburn recovery now but the budlight will make it less painfull . I will have a report tomorrow when I get my pictures developed .The crappie tasted so good too!!!!!!! tight lines
[signature]
Couldn't agree more!!! Great eats Coot. Hats off to you for your hard work. Thank you all who showed up to support the event! Was great meeting all you who are newer to the site and great catching up with the "old fogeys" (Cough Dan Cough)[Tongue][sly]
[signature]
Fishing was good for a few of us BLM. I know WH had way better luck than I did. I managed 3 wipers from 8:30 am till 6:30 pm. [crazy]
[signature]
Yea Buddy , great to see ya . We will have to go rip some lips sometime soon . Nice catfish Bud !!!
[signature]
[cool][font "Arial Black"][red][size 2] Well I have to say Old Coot you most definetly outdid yourself with today. The food was the best , the company was great . Thank you to you and your crew, you all deserve a big round of applause. [/size][/red][/font]

[font "Arial Black"][#ff0000][size 2] It was great to put names with faces, and to make some new friends. I just knew that when I registered with this group that it would be the best thing that I have done for a long time .[/size][/#ff0000][/font]

[font "Arial Black"][#ff0000][size 2] I am glad to meet you all, Thanks for a great day.[/size][/#ff0000][/font]

[font "Arial Black"][#ff0000][size 2] AFDan52[/size][/#ff0000][/font]
[signature]
Bear Lak Mack!!! Thank you very much for your kindness! The dinner was very delicious! I asked about you and your whereabouts. I was disappointed when you were not there as I wanted to meet you and check out your boat. You are a legend around here! [Smile] Again you have a heart of gold! Thank you!! I hope to see you soon one of those days.
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]Somebody should of made out if I couldn't! I'm glad you did. You are most very welcome. Sounds like you put a hurting on the fish. I'm going to TRY and get out tomorrow if I can get a KITCHEN pass. I doubt it. I got studded walls showing and cabinets and appliances showing up next week! Any way I'm glad you got to take part in the festivities! Later...[/size][/font]
[signature]
Coot,

Thank you again for the wonderful food and all your efforts. I no it was very busy for you and alot of prep work before the event and I do appreciate it. Sorry I could not stay to help clean up, I hope someone did though. It was great to put a face to the screen names and I hope to make some fishing friends to enjoy this great site and sport we have.
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]Yes in deed ....[/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]It was a very good time for all and I am pleased you all enjoyed the food. I know I did! I am very vain person in that I sure do like compliments when people enjoy my Dutch oven cooking.[/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]Here are some pictures I took of the whole shin-dig. I just regret that I didn't get any pictures of Wiperhunter and his group and one main picture I took of a bunch of you at the main table won't upload for some reason. But anyway here they are. I appologize for some names I can't remember or for getting some wrong. In fact, do me a favor and help me with the names here. I was a bit busy with the food and had a hard time commiting names to faces.[/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]Here's Nomoose, Walleye Paul, Moos's partner, and the dude that came with Paul.[/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2][Image: NAYL2492CustomImage0073191.jpg][/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]Here is AFDan and his rig. Looks like someone mounted a sailing mast on it for him![/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2][Image: NAYL2492CustomImage0083615.jpg][/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]Here's Teroy, ???, and AFDan.[/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2][Image: NAYL2492CustomImage0091628.jpg][/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]Here is the guy (???) that came with Walleye Paul and Paul himself.[/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2][Image: NAYL2492CustomImage0109123.jpg][/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]Nomoose and wife again:[/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2][Image: NAYL2492CustomImage0116594.jpg][/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]Here is Gene Chapell. He is a friend that works with me. I have to tell ya, he and his boy just took his new Gregor 14' 9.9 Merc out for a spin on it's maiden voage. His boy caught the first wiper to cristen the boat. Way to go Gene and son. Also, you might notice that Gene's boy is missing from the picture. He is down at the dock sitting in the boat playing with his new caught fish waiting for dad to finish eating so that they can go back out fishin. That pup is raising his dad well![/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2][Image: NAYL2492CustomImage0139329.jpg][/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]The Three Stooges ... Old_Coot, AFDan, and Teroy.[/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2][Image: NAYL2492CustomImage014302.jpg][/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]Caught this pic of Road headed with his gear down to do some pre-dinner tubbing.[/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2][Image: NAYL2492CustomImage0155068.jpg][/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]And last, but most definately not least, Coot Jr., and Boyd Loveless. These two guys put in one heack of a bunch of work to help me prepare and present a pretty decent meal for 40 people. A VERY BIG THANKS to you two.[/size][/font]

[Image: NAYL2492CustomImage0163345.jpg]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]Couple of other folks that helped a lot behind the sceens was Mrs. Coot and Mrs. Coot Jr. (Kamie) ... Thanks much.[/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]I sure enjoyed meeting you all and appologize that I didn't get more picts to post.[/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]See you all at the Musky class.[/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]Is this a cool Web site .... or what???[/size][/font]
[signature]
FB2 and i would like to extend our heart felt thanks for all the work you and your crew did. The food was great (slightly cajun ....... was the right touch). Those beans, those beans, now there's a recipe I would love to have. Why they propelled me around the cove for hours <big Smile>.

Now we didn't catch any wipers ..... we didn't catch any walleyes ..... heck we didn't even catch any carp! But both FB2 and I lost count on how many cats we caught. FB2 caught his first ever carppie and a nice one at that. So now he can cross it off his list of fish to catch (yeah right he had so much fun catching it I see another trip for them). It was nice to meet you all a special thanks to nomoose and his mrs for their kindness and life saving drinks while we were floating. We still need to plan (replan) a dinner on ice event. Maybe this year we could use some ice shacks as cook houses. <grins> Then the cooks could stay warm and dry and our food would be pipin hot. Just a thought.
[signature]
I believe Pauls friends name was Chris, if my memory serves me right and thats Hells Angler sitting with me and Dan [Smile]
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]Oh Road ... you crack me up. I knew those beans were quite taste to eat but only you would know how to put them to better use! L O L !!![/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]Hey, did anyone see "ALAN"? I got a check from him but never seen him there [unsure] or at least I don't think I seen him.[/size][/font]
[signature]
[cool][font "Arial Black"][size 2] [red]Hey Fish1on, I was very glad to meet a fellow New Englander. We will have to hook up one day for some fishing. I just wanted to say Glad to meet you , hope to see you on the water.[/red][/size][/font]

[font "Arial Black"][#ff0000][size 2] AFDan52[/size][/#ff0000][/font]

[font "Arial Black"][#ff0000][size 2] [red][size 5]Go [blue]Patriots[/blue][/size][/red][/size][/#ff0000][/font]
[signature]
many thanks to old coot the dinner was superb. I did manage to land one wiper before lunch and lost one at the boat and gut hooked a huge carp. so it was a good day for me at least.

I hope old coot isn't opposed to doing this again, his cooking was excellent and I feel sorry for those that missed out and will be the first to say that they MISSED OUT!!!

thanks again and I'm glad to have met all of you and hope to again someday. DZ
[signature]