Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2009 goals?
i saw this post on the utah page and thought i would much rather hear what idahoans, or those who fish idaho had to say on this rather than utah fisherman.

my goals:
catch a greyling
golden trout
a big musky 35 inches plus
get a 15 lb steelhead or salmon not picky which.
[signature]
My goals are simple:

Catch a 16" crappie
Catch a smallmouth bass over 5 lbs
Meet more BFT folks
[signature]
those are some reasonable goals and would be awesome if you accomplished them ezop.

I think my personal goals for fishing 2009 are

1. break the idaho common carp record of 41 pounds It was a more reasonable goal before last year it was like 37 lbs but somebody broke it last year. im not gonna let that tear me away from my goal though there are bigger carp out there.

2. help more with the recovery of salmon and steelhead populations. i think every sport fisherman should help with this. salmon are on the verge of being extinct. gill netting must be stopped. it is said that if all commercial salmon fishing was stopped for 5 years that salmon could make a full recovery no problem. 9 in 10 steelhead are caught in gill nets in the mouths of the rivers that lead them to where you fish for them. that means 1 in 10 steelhead get to journey up river imagin how many more that would be with out gill nets.

3. catch a 10 lb trout on a stone fly on the henry's fork
[signature]
My Goals for '09

-Finish "accesorizing" my boat
-Have enough gas money
-Fish, Fish, Fish
[signature]
Good idea, I think this will be an interesting post.
A few of my Goals this year are:
Golden trout
Sturgeon over 100#
Lake trout
12 inch perch
catch and get a picture of a gold fish from the Rexburg nature ponds ([laugh]Don't laugh, I'm serious[laugh])
[signature]
If you want to catch a Lake Trout come to Jackson this spring. I can take you out on Jackson Lake and put you on lots of 'em. I have to warn you, they are about the worst fighting fish in fresh water, even on light tackle. They taste good. Maybe we can reach on of my 2009 goals..20lb lake trout.! My other goal is more Flaming Gorge trips, it is one of the best fisheries in the west.
[signature]
That's about the best news I've had all day! I'd love to do that. When does it usually get good?
If you are interested, I'd trade a trip with you. I'm getting to know the Henry's fork pretty well, I'd be happy to take you out sometime. Let me know what you think.
[signature]
My fishing goals for 2009 include....

1. Float tube two more high mountain lakes in Yellowstone. ( I really love packing in my tube to high mountain lakes).

2. Catch large mouth bass on my fly rod with topwater poppers. (I have done it before but not for a few years).

3. Learn how to consistently catch 14"+ smallmouth at Ririe. I am getting into dropshotting, but I usually catch 10-1smallmouth under 12."

4. Learn how to ice fish Henry's at someplace other than Staley's.

5. Enjoy watching my boys fish on as many occasions as possible.

Windriver
[signature]
My goal for 2009 is to land a steelhead on a flyrod. Do you guys have any tips on how to accomplish it?
[signature]
My 2009 fishing goals are:

-catch a kokanee
-catch a yellow perch over 4 inches
-catch a lake trout
-catch one of those big cuts at strawberry res.
-learn how to become a better fly fisherman
-catch another trophy to put on my wall...
[signature]
Spend lots and lots of time with our line in the water.[crazy]

Windriver
[signature]
Oh yeah and catch a steelhead...that would be fun to do!
[signature]
That sounds good! Last year opened my eyes to a lot of different types of fishing and they are all good.
[signature]
I'm going steelhead fishing in about a month, with a couple of fly fishing guide buddies of mine. We always just use glo bugs in sizes 8-10. we just fish them like nymphs, the trick is to be able to find them. good luck!
[signature]
im headed to salmon this weekend for three days of trying to find the steelies. once you find them you can usually get a few.
[signature]
i have got to add catch a big bass on my fly rod.
[signature]
My number one goal for this year will be to kill a wolf. Of course, that is assuming we get a season..................
[signature]
I want to fish at least 100 days . Curt G. P.S. I did last year .
[signature]
Well, I've caught the golden trout, tiger musky and even the goldfish, but I have a number of goals still:

catch a wiper
catch a grayling
find some small, lesser know streams for my 3wt
get a big catfish out of the bear or cutler
pretty much try as many new waters as possible.
[signature]
someone has got to explain this gold fish i have seen a couple posts on it now and curiosity has got the best of me
[signature]