Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Saturday night Wipers
Well we really got into them tonight. We decided to to some playing on the water in the afternoon with all the family and kids, then at sundown we headed out for the fish. We started at the north marina and headed south. We were approaching the feed lot and we really started marking a TON of fish. I've never seen the finder so active. Immediately we started getting fish on. We were in Wiper paradise. I'm not sure of the speed, as we left the GPS at home (stupid move), but I'd guess we were around 3.5 MPH. We were using the prism producer shad, and man was it producing tonight. My dad lost one Off Shore planer board, so I hope someone finds it that can put it to use (note to self, also bring a light when fishing in the dark). I use the Church Tackle planers, so loosing them is not quite as easy (knock on wood). We were getting hits at least every 3-4 minutes, then the dang wind started blowing and we had to get off the lake. Just my luck, best school of Wipers I've ever been into, and we can only fish for 1.5 hrs. We didn't hook into any eyes tonigh. Sure was a fun night fishing though.[Smile]

I noticed Predator did well for both eyes and a few Wipers tonight. Anyone else get the chance to fish Willard today?
[signature]
Thanks for the report Bee, were there any size to the wipers you caught? WalleyePaul and his friend did good also. Too bad you lost the planner board. WH2
[signature]