Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ocean Fishing
I need some help. can you guide me with some advice and lessons on catch some tuna, alb., yellow? and what should I take on a overnight tirp?<br> thank you,<br> Jesse s.<br><br><br>
first thing you'll want to do is find out what they're after on the overnighter. I took an overnighter out of Daveys last week to SCI and we fished for some pretty big yellows. they were snapping off 40 lb test with no problem, so if that is still the case, bring 40 to 60 lb line, lots and I mean lots of torpedo sinkers, 4 to 6 oz maybe 20 at least and a reel with a low gear ratio. Two speed reel will be good, like the tld30. If you bring anything else you'll be very frustrated. the fish were down about 150' and they are mauling you all the way up to the surface. make sure you have a good stick to go along with the reels. something with a fairly beefy tip because they will bend you big time. Lesson I learned from this trip, don't come undergunned. <br><br>you probably won't have a chance to throw any iron on the overnighter, unless they move to a different spot where the fish are up higher in the water column. fishing will start right at 3:30am, so be prepared, because if the bite is on, it's pure pandemonium. and be sure that when you get hooked up, you follow your fish and keep the line in front of you. You'll be making a few trips around the boat. the fish were 20 to 30 lbs. have a great trip and make sure you let us know how it went. don't forget at least a light sweatshirt, in case it's chilly out there<br><br>