Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone been to Hornet Reservoir?
Ten years ago, I had just bought my first 4 wheel drive truck (the Toyota I still drive) and decided to go on my first adventure. I filled up my float tube and headed up the mountain to Hornet Creek res. . I saw a doe halfway up, and stopped to take her photo. Just as I was about to click the shutter, I heard a "BLAM!!!" and the deer ran off. "Darn poachers!" I thought, and continued up the hill. When I got to the lake, I of course found that my float tube had exploded due to the elevation change.

I fished the two lakes from shore with both spinning gear and fly gear, and caught all kinds of fish. I kept the ones in the photo for dinner. When I went to drive out, I thought I was marooned because I couldn't make the pull out of the lake. Took me a while to figure out that I hadn't engaged the 4x4 correctly. No way my little 4 banger had enough guts to climb out in 2x. I eventually figured it out and the truck walked right out.

[Image: hornettcreektroutcut.jpg]

Please message me if you see any deer or elk up there, I'm thinking I might like to bowhunt up that way. It really looked good, but that's the last time I've been up there.
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Anyone been to Hornet Reservoir? - by Tatohead - 02-17-2009, 04:52 AM
Re: [Tatohead] Anyone been to Hornet Reservoir? - by nijimasu - 08-10-2014, 12:35 AM