Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
fishin' tonight ........
i went fishing tonight , and cought a few , lost a few . the waleyes are cutting my lines to shreads , i'm going to try a spiderwire leader tomorow ( if the mrs.es will let me go again )

i got there around 4:20 and didn't get a hit untill 6:30 . i had one guest during that time , a D.N.R. C,O, , nice guy too . just after he left walleye after walleye hit , i tied a whole bunch of hooks on during the evening .

then my bobber just slowley went down , i tuged it right back up , nothing !put it right back in the same pocket , same thing happened slowley it went down , i let it stay down about 30 seconds and gave it a good snap , wham ! a keeper largemouth . after that i landed a few suckers . i kept seeing something topfeeding in the curent a ways down and thought i'de try my luck . after about ten casts and some gills stealing my crawlers i decided to lighten the splitshot up a bit and use a smaller hook , tossed on a crawler and made the cast . as soon as it hit the water the surface exploded and the rod jerked almost out of my hand ,

big waleye or a nice pike ?

i played this fish for darn near 25 minutes and wasen't getting anywhere . up and down the river , side to side , i'de gain ten feet it would take thirty , what the @#%^& is this thing ? i thought . all the sudden the thing starts heading for me , i just start reeling in as fast as i can so theres no slack , and there it is , the biggest da-- trout i have ever seen in my life ! as big as my leg ! bueatiful olive brown color and full of black dots .

well you heard of buck fever and the stupidity it causes , tenfold when you got a big one on like this . i grabed my little landing net and tried to put it's head in it . that's right , a fish over 35" long into a ten inch deep net !

had i just tried to tire the fish out i'de be calling a taxidermist right now , but nooooooooo, i had to get stupid !

stupid , stupid , stupid !

i stade there untill i could no longer see the end of my rod , casting over and over again into the same hole . hoping .

well , there's always tomorow !
[signature]
tonight , same plase and a diferent bite was on , skeeters !

fished the same rig , this time with 30 yards of spiderwire on and i hauled in every fish , large mouth bass , sucker and a couple gills .

saw a sucker hiding under a tuff of bottomgrass , still as can be . i let him finish his nap in peace .
[signature]