Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
large mouth
Where are the best closest places (and what to use) to go for some large mouth from Salt Lake its been awhile since I have caught one and I have been pretty busy but want to go hook some. any help would be great . Thanks[cool]
[signature]
Used panther martins at pumphouse on utah lake to jordan river pulled several white bass out, & a green swirley jig on the east side of deer creek and pulled out a 14" smalley on my last two outings
[signature]
hi addict it been a week and 1 day 5/26 that i fished utah lake gut i got 1 LM at A.M. harbor on a green spinnerbait with a bronze colorado blade and 6 and lindon harbor on a blue with silver flake plastic worn all tight to shore hope this info helps you if i grt a chance i'm heading that way tomorrow i'll let you know how i do good luck to you

aquaman

sleep: that annoying time between fishing trips
[signature]
Thanks for the info I have been catching lots of white bass on the provo and plenty of smallies in jordanelle but that is all i have been catching. I have the craving for some large mouth and can usually catch a few out of jordanelle but i was wondering if there was somewhere close that i would be more likely to catch some bucket mouths. Thanks.[cool]
[signature]
thanks for the report and welcome to the bft community!

[Wink]

sm
[signature]
Thanks aquaman. Do you catch them in the harbors or just outside of them.[cool]
[signature]
in the harbors along tHE E. bank at lindon the N .shore is supposed to be good there also the W. and N. banks at A.F.
[signature]
try the pond at the airport hilton the one next to I-80 that has bass and perch and carp.try small jigs or spinners to get the bass. It can be a fun little pond to fish and takes about 20 mins or less to get there.
[signature]
Thanks thats the stuff im looking for. Is that the one by the rest area.[cool]
[signature]
hi anthony theres one trick you could try it was a hard one for me to master when you feel a fish hit your worm quicky drop your rod tip giving the fish a little slack then just as quickly left your rod and reel taken back the slack and setting the hook its a hard one to learn as the frist inpulse when you feel a bite is to lift your rod and set the hook hope that helps anywho how big where the bass youcaught ? what area ? any problums with security guards ?

aquaman
[signature]
Hey Anthony , How about joining the forum here and I could PM you info . I know you frequent this site , I've seen your post . Sounds like you were fishing the I-80 pond . I fished it 4 times last week and 4 times the week before . Might of bump into ya . I don't like posting to much on these small waters because of the crowds that could wipe it out . Did seem to be more people there after I posted about it last week . I never had a problem with mosquitoes , but when I get off work I smell like diesel and oil . The bite has been good . tight lines

[Image: LOOM5874CustomImage0355541.jpg]
[signature]
hi anthony tried sending you a e-mail would'nt go thur so i sent you a private message

aquaman

oops your not registered maybe you could send me some info by e-mail aquaman84115@yahoo.com
[signature]
I'VE BEEN FISHING THE SPILLWAYS HERE AND LOVE IT WHEN THE OL' BOBBER SLOWLEY GOES DOWN . THAT'S WHEN I KNOW I GOT A HAWG ON THE OTHER END . THAT SLOW , STEADY PULL DOWNWARD LETS ME GET READY FOR THE BATTLE . ( SMALL STREAM BELOW THE DAM )

BEEN GETTING A KEEPER OR TWO A DAY FOR THE PAST WEEK . WAITING FOR THE BIG DADDY TO PUT ME IN THE PAPER .
[signature]