Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
any fishing neer fort lewis washington?
Hi
My sister invited me to come visit her at Fort Lewis in Washington. The State. and I was wondering if any one knows if theres any fishing near there, I looked on a map and theres lots of water around , but my sis dont know any thing about the fishing. Just wanted to know if any one has been in the area and tryed the angling. ANY info would be a help. Thanks Joe.
PS went to sulpher creek uop in wy, and the last 2 saterdays could have caught more fish on top of the ice. Seems Im always a day late and a bait short at catching anything in that pond. I guess thats why they call it fishing and not catching.
[signature]
It has been 30 years ago, but when I was a kid on our senior trip, we stayed with my friends sister (on Ft. Lewis). Her husband took us to a small town called Steilacoom. It was on the Puget Sound very near Ft. Lewis. We rented an aluminum boat, motor and poles (only $20 in those days). We bought bait and tackle there as well. We went out on the Sound and drift fished where the guy that rented us the stuff told us. We caught some salmon near the top and bottom fish on the bottom. It was quite the adventure for 4 kids from Utah. Have fun.
[signature]
yea heres some. dont fish near seattle unless you have a boat. heres a little better advice. buy a map and head east for a town called GoldBar and another one called Startup. you will find the Wallace River, the Little Devil (might be off with that name) and the Snoqualimie rivers. all great cutty, and depending on the season, salmon fishing.

want some better fishing? use that same map, head further east for a town called moses lake. if you want a chance at a real trophy trou head to rocky gorge (oh man cant remeber these names right), Dry Falls, Moses Lake (best bet right there) and Lake Lenor ( some massive lahotan cuttys in there).

all along 90 heading in that direction are hundreds of public access finger ponds that are loaded to the brim with some nice fish. no matter what your flavor is i say eastern washington has what you want the most, with moses lake, and Soap Lake (both have rentals available) giving you the best shot if you take the kids, or just want to catch fish plain and simple. you want trophys you head to Dry Falls (which is one of, if not the most senic lakes i have ever seen) Lake Lenoir, and rocky ford (thats the name!), the little creek loaded with trophy trout.

good luck and have fun!
[signature]
Thanks !!! Looks like I got a lot to look forward to and hopefully get some fish that will test my tackle. will let ya know how things turn out and plan on pics of the trip Joe
[signature]
You're not far from the Columbia River there too. You could go rent a boat and do some sturgeon fishing.

There are tons of lakes in the area you can fish as well. Try visiting www.washingtonlakes.com to find recent reports of lakes in the area. You can filter by county (Fort Lewis is in Pierce County, or you can try King County which is where Seattle is).
[signature]