Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tungsten Tru-Life Swimbaits
Has anyone had the chance to try out the new swimbaits from Tungsten? I got 2 off of ebay and tried them over the weekend. I only threw them a few times to check out the action and man they swim so realistic. The price is right also. $19.99 pc. Not bad for such a realistic bait. Anyone else tried or had any luck with them?
[signature]
My two favorite lures cost $0.40 cents apiece and a $1.20 a piece. I have Marlin lures that cost $90.00 a piece but I now fish them with teasers and live bait I catch myself. The point being , don't get caught up in to many expensive lures. Fish as cheap as you can and the rest of you life you will have more money. I'm am tring to learn to catch all my fish with gear from Wal-mart so I can replicate them all over the county. Nothing worse than losing your last twenty dollar bait and not being able to recover. Lost confidence breeds no bites. So while I'm sure those tungston baits catch fish and I'm sure they look fantastic, I'm still catching tons of fish on my cheap baits, and I don't worry about throwing them in the rocks or trees or back in the weedholes. Here are my two favorite baits, don't laugh, Fish eat them all over the country. I swear! Oh ya... The white color is fantastic but they make others Baby bass is a close second.I call it the Super Stretchy, its so good we even made up the Super Stretchy song. The other is named the Magic lure, four inch Fins fish in Rainbow trout. I can go on in much more detail if you are interested, just send me a message.
[signature]
I love the action it has.
I don't know if I'm gonna buy any yet though.
I've been deciding on these and also the Spro BBZ-1.
The Spro is my favorite so far because of the action, but they dont have the good colors like the Tungsten which has bluegill and trout colors.
[signature]
[left]Yeah the BBZ look great too. I just wasnt a big fan of the colors as I was with the True-Life Swimbaits. Im sure I will get some though
[signature]
Yeah I have used those. I use the super flukes also. I make most of my own crankbaits or I buy old used nasty crankbaits and sand them down replace the hardware and repaint. Thanks for the info
[signature]
Yeah I live up North and their really isn't any shad around here. If they'd come out with the trout and bluegill colors for the Spro I would def buy them.
[signature]
I was also curious on which bait to buy so I called the guys at Tacklewarehouse.com They all like BBZ1 and the TrueTungsten 4" bait. I couldn't get a definite on which they like best. I'm may get one of each. Not really a large swimbait thrower but I am not too afraid of losing a $20 lure. Just use heavy line, 14lb Sufix should do just fine. Cant wait to get 'em.

HockeyMan
[signature]
Yeah I don't think I'd be throwing any of those expensive things without using some kind of superbraid.
[signature]