Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anybody know anything about Blue Heeler dogs?
I just got me a puppy a couple days ago and I know they are cattle dogs but im wondering if anybody knows if they make good huntin dogs? Im still trying to get her to stop crappin all over my house[mad](any advice would be appreciated) but wanna start training her to hunt if possible...
[signature]
I've known a few healers, however none of them were hunters. It's not in their blood. Now you might find one that will chase birds for ya, but I wouldn't hold your breath. It wouldn't hurt to try her/him on some pigeons, they are easy to come by, and no real loss when they fly away. For less than 10 bucks you will be able to tell if it has any hunt drive in it or not.
[signature]
ive owned a couple,but have never even thought about hunting with them,they are smart tho.35 years ago we used to hunt over a mexican chiwawa,was neter than hell youd say get ruff and that dam thing woukd jump on em and damn near take off with em yer healer has more of a instict for cows and sheep just had one put to sleep id had for 15 years what a great dog. watch em they like to eat deacons when they come for fast offerings.[laugh][laugh][laugh]
[signature]
Ya ill try that out. i have always liked the blue heelers and I got her to be a farm dog but I was wondering if I could double her as a hunting dog. oh well...
[signature]
Ya I bought her to be a farm dog. She seems to pick up real quick on things for being only 9 weeks old though. Sounds like she will have another use if they keep the deacons away like you say they do bigbuck!! lol[Wink] Thanks for the help!
[signature]