Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tube Dude
Pat are you still out there???? I haven't seen any post from you the last few days and I was wondering if your were all right???
I know last week he wasn't able to post in this forum, but he can in the tubing forum.
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Here I am. Finally got the posting problems fixed as of last night. BFT made some changes and it messed up my "permissions". For awhile I could read all the boards but could not post on any of them. Then, they got most of the boards squared away, but not the Utah General Fishing board. [/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Took almost three weeks. A good vacation for me and for my non-fans.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Thanks for caring.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
I care a lot. I enjoy reading your posts. I learn a lot from you. Where is this permissions thing? I'm having a lot trouble with the general page too, every time I bring up the page the post are at least ten days old and I have to reload or change the accending or decending back and forth to get the date current.
Holy smokes almost 18000 posts could lock up any system!!![:p]
[signature]
Welcome back man! I think the programmers here must ride the short bus to work!
[signature]
[quote mktgw]I care a lot. I enjoy reading your posts. I learn a lot from you. Where is this permissions thing? I'm having a lot trouble with the general page too, every time I bring up the page the post are at least ten days old and I have to reload or change the accending or decending back and forth to get the date current.[/quote]

[cool][#0000ff]Your problem sounds like like something to do with personal settings or "cookies".[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]The "permissions" are supposed to be automatic for all members...with special settings for moderators and administrators that allow them to edit posts, move posts and other things outside the "permissions" of general members. When I stepped out as a moderator and admin, they had to pull the plug on all of the POWER and they pulled too hard. Took awhile (too long) for them to figure it out and get me back to being a regular member.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]If you have not done so for awhile, I would suggest logging out of BFT and then deleting all of your temporary internet files and "cookies". Then, run a virus scan and come back and log back in. If that does not help, you can contact the webmaster for assistance. They can check to see if there is a problem with anything at HQ.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Good luck.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
[quote Theekillerbee]Welcome back man! I think the programmers here must ride the short bus to work![/quote]

[cool][#0000ff]Thanks...and THANK YOU. Never would have made it through the ordeal without all those good meds down in your basement.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Part of the problem (maybe all of it) is that BFT lost some of their inside admin people around the end of the year. Programming is being "outsourced". No further explanation should be necessary.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]But, with everything that is going on, and all that is on the table, we still have a great website and it's okay to poke fun. We sometimes just need to be patient.[/#0000ff]
[signature]