Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OLDER RAFT REPAIR QUESTIONS
OK I have an old Riken self bailing fishing/whitewater raft. It is 16' 8'' long and is a heavy beast of a raft. It has a full fishing frame and all the extras so weight is my worry.

question: Does anybody know if there is a product/procedure out their to reseal or re-coat the entire raft. something like rhino liner in a rubber form.

I have to patch this raft every year. The top is sun beaten and brittle due to extreme
Montana weather that it spent most of its life.

I use lots of conditioner and laid thick long patches where the frame sits so it doesnt rub through anymore. The raft holds air. Their is just so many pin holes that I think doing a complete coating will give it a few more years. The bottom half of the raft is just fine(no weathering/cracking) so maybe I just need to do the top half so it doesnt make it too much heavier than it already is.

Any tips or recommendations will be greatly appreciated
[signature]
Check Sid's Sports in Salt Lake. They do raft repair and do a great job.
[signature]
Thanks, I need to get it going soon
[signature]
Duct tape and crazy glue........Hope you can swim.........[cool]

Well done is better than well said.....................................[cool]
[signature]
What?.., you dont think I tried that already? you know what they say..... if you cant duct it....... whoa too far!! I meant ask for advice from fellow BFTrs. I might have found a product that works better that duct tape and crazy glue, ..........at least on rubber rafts. I will use your advice on my fiberglass hull though....J/k....[shocked]
[fishon]
[signature]
LOL..........[cool]
[signature]