Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2009 toon mods
Thought I would show my toon mods
[inline "IMG_3787 (Small).JPG"][inline "IMG_3788 (Small).JPG"][inline "IMG_3810 (Small).JPG"]
This is my new apron it will have a magnetic strip and some other improvements.

These next shots are of the rod rack. The clamp that attach to the frame are called Saddle clamps. They should be available anywhere yard sprinkler parts are sold. Notice how the 4 ways will move, this is so you can stager the rods to help them not tangle. The velcro is to help hold them in on a windy day and a must have for the fly rods, they will fall out.

[inline "IMG_3789 (Small).JPG"][inline "IMG_3790 (Small).JPG"][inline "IMG_3801 (Small).JPG"][inline "IMG_3802 (Small).JPG"][inline "IMG_3809 (Small).JPG"][inline "IMG_3806 (Small).JPG"][inline "IMG_3807 (Small).JPG"]
This next shot is of the anchor rope and also the blue foam on my seat for comfort and insulation. There is a snap-on PVC T that a friend just showed me that comes in 1" and 3/4" sizes, it will make wrapping and unwrapping the rope much easier.

[inline "IMG_3794 (Small).JPG"]
These next shots are of my fish finder and it's attaching points. The foam is for ice fishing season[inline "IMG_3797 (Small).JPG"][inline "IMG_3798 (Small).JPG"][inline "IMG_3799 (Small).JPG"][inline "IMG_3800 (Small).JPG"]
[inline "IMG_3803 (Small).JPG"]
[inline "IMG_3796 (Small).JPG"]the next is of the rod holder, again the velcro and also tubedude's use of the paperclip when trolling for cats and having the reel in free spool when they take his minnow[inline "PICT0026 (Small).JPG"]
[inline "IMG_3804 (Small).JPG"][inline "IMG_3805 (Small).JPG"]
By leaving the clamp partially loose on the frame and the threads on the 45 deg. holder you have many positions that the rod can be placed in while your trolling along, low to the water, turned to the outside or in if you trying on a new lure, etc.

This last picture is the battery mount and strap. I used eye bolts so I would have good mounts for tying or hooking stuff on.

[inline "IMG_3791 (Small).JPG"]

I will be tring to find metal clamps to replace the plastic ones that the apron hooks on to. I also want to use them for hooking points when I strap the toon onto the trailer. This weekend on the way out from fishing, the road is rough and with all the boucing one side of my bugie came loose and my toon slide off the trailer. Not a good deal! No serious damage and only my fishin buddy Andy saw so my pride was only hurt a little. Opps now you all know[:p] am I dumb or what.

I am sure there will be more changes & improvements to come, so till next time.
[signature]
You have been a busy boy! Can you still use your Oars? Looks like the Sonar is in the way. I know you have a motor, but we all know electronics aren't the most LOYAL solution[Wink]
[signature]
To be honest I don't carry them. I realise I might end up on the wrong side sometime but not yet and I can still get around fairly well with my fins.
[signature]
Right On! I have been out on Henry's or even Strawberry too many time[laugh]
[signature]
Thanks for the pix of your mods! I wanted to see how you did the apron. Cool idea with the little legs in the front. Are thoe 45 degree fittings or 22's?

I like your fish finder mount as well. Clever use of the Saddle taps! [Wink]
[signature]
45's and whats a tex favorite nymph can't find a pic's anywhere.
[signature]
I found this description but no pix. I'll keep looking. Sounds a lot like a Sheep Creek Special with out the little duck feather wing to me

Tex's Favorite
Hook: 2XL, No. 8-12
Tail: brown hackle fibers
Body: olive chenille
Hackle: brown Saddle hackle, tied wet-fly style
Originator: Ken Magee
[signature]
Praise The Lord I found it! Here ya go!

Tex's Favorite

Submitted by John Shewey, Originated by Ken Magee

Description
Great Basin Stillwaters Specialty Fly

[Image: texsfavorite.jpg]
[signature]
Thank you that does look like a winner[cool]
[signature]
idahopanfish wrote:[/quote]
Thank you that does look like a winner[cool][/quote]

Yeah & WAY easy to tie. I would tie a few with gold/green verigated chanele too.

So I got my pontoon registered today at the DMV and I got some vinyl letters/numbers. Several folks have advised me to put the numbers on a board or plexiglas. siding or whatever and hang it from my frame. I notice you just slapped them on your pontoons. Do they stay on good? What about the registration tag? My pontoons are hypalon and kinda shiny/slick.

So how's that workin' for ya?
[signature]
No problem with the registration DMV tag but a couple of my others have come off, the glue residue is still readable thou[Wink]
[signature]
Here is mine on my Navigator:

[Image: plateHolders500.jpg]
[signature]
I used a piece of shower tile board, the stuff that comes in 4x8 sheets and is about 1/8' thick, white and smooth, and cut a piece about 4x20. Drilled 2 holes in it and used 2 Zip ties to mount it to my frame. I had it laying around. There are many things to use that will work and I bet you have something laying around the garage. Here is a small list a things to look at:

Plexiglass
Vinyl Siding
Shower Board
Flower garden edging
Sheet Aluminum
Litter Box
Plastic Storage Box
Plastic Garbage Can
Plastic Cutting Board
[signature]