Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
willard lookin good
Had to run into town for some supplies. Went to the North Marina boat ramp. It is looking good. Oh please keep the h2o coming. Seeing that much water in it after the last two years of low water gets a surge of excitement in my viens. There will be lots of flooded cover around the marina too for the fish to spawn in. There is at least 6 feet more water than there was the last time I boated there. Now just a little sun to get rid of that hard water. Just a few more weeks at the most and it will be fishing.
[signature]
The island out from Pelican has another foot to be under water! Already more water than last summer! Come on 60* temps!!![Smile]
[signature]
I hear you there. Soon we'll be on the soft deck whackin' the eyes and wipers around!
[signature]

I ran out to the north ramp this evening right around sundown. I had to see the marina myself, the water level is past the painted red line on the boat ramp!!! I am going to take the boat out there on Wed or Thrusday. I know there aint much room to ride around but its enought water to float the boat and check the motor to make sure everthing is working okay. I might even have to pitch a few jigs while I am there just for poops and giggles. I do need to check the regs for the inlet though. I know it cloes for a short time, but I am not sure when. The catfish should start their run real soon. I know that back home in ND they start their run on the river before the ice is off the lakes.
[signature]
Hey i poked a stick in the seam on the ramp right at the water line. Was it still there? is the water past it now? Just want to jump for joy when i see that water up there like it is.
[signature]
I didn't see a stick, but to give you an idea of how far the water has come up. 9 days ago the water level was more then 6 feet from the red line on the ramp. Now is is about 6 inches pastthe red line.
[signature]
that is awesome news. I moved up to Farr West the year they drained it down. So I have been itching to get my boat out there. Only thing is I am in Korea till next Jan. So hopefully the fish will be good and healthy next year.
[signature]
Cats around here spawn about May/June.
[signature]