Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Uintah fishing
Anyone know what the waterr is like up in the Uintah's. I like fishing the streams with my daughter, and she is aching to tryout her new fly rod, me too, we are both new to the sport but has been wormers for a long time. She is a 9 year old who is really geting into tying herr own flies and can't wait to try them out.

Any place would be great for her to hit the water, any good suggestions?
[signature]
My suggestions is to head up Mirror lake hwy and fish the small lakes, and the Upper provo river. Last hunting season, I went up into Murdock basin and had a blast catching 12 inch brook trout out of the small streams running through the basin. Another personal favorite is fishing the upper weber by Smith and Moorehouse. Also a great place would be at the portal entry of the duchesne tunnel on the west fork of the Duchesne road. Great variety in fish sizes there!!!
[signature]
Great! How high is the run-off right about now. I'd like to take her out soon but not too soon for the high water
[signature]
I would imagine it would differ whereever you would go for water marks. Up in the smith moorehouse areas it shouldnt be too bad, because most of those little creeks are regulated with head gates. I am always partial to going up on the west fork of the duchesne, there are some nice holding ponds that fish better with more water in them, and some flats with easily accessable beaver dams, plus some nice bends on that creek that holds some nice browns. Another great place for a beginner fly whipper would be on current creek right below the dam. I usually head up this time of year and fish the creek bends and catch alot of browns ranging from 12 in to 25 in. plus, the holding pond right below the dam!!!! I dont know what is hatching right now though, maybe someone has fished current creek lately????
[signature]
Great, guess I know what I'll be doing Sunday.

Fling em high & let em fly
[signature]
Over Memorial Weekend I tried to go to Whitney Res. But there was too much snow. All of the rivers and streams were muddy and way full. The water levels change fast though. Let me know how much snow there is still if you head up to the Uintahs.

Good Luck[Smile]
[signature]
Fishing was postponed due to sick kids this past weekend has anyone been up the Mirror lake highway lately to see how the runoff is going? I want to go up but don't want to waste my time, if the water is too high them I'll just head up to silver lake to try out some stuff there.
[signature]
My wife was up on the Mirror lake highway on Sunday. She said most of the snow is gone, and the rivers look good. She didn't do any fishing, but she thought it looked promising. Let us know how it goes if anyone goes up.
[signature]
My brother went up to Trial Lake this past weekend and said his kids and himself caught a uncountable amount of fish just throwing either a fly or a hook and salmon eggs!!! [Smile]
[signature]
Guess I need to quit making excuses and go get wet, will let all know how it went come Monday!
[signature]