Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard water
Has anyone seen willard's N. Marina over the past 2 days? I am thinking that it must have opened up a lot with the temps that we have had. Heck it only got down to 40 lastnight, so that HAD to have helped open it up a little more. I am still thinking about taking the boat out there, maybe even this afternoon just to run it around in the marina for a few minets to get my fix.
[signature]
[cool]On the Lake Cam you can see that the harbor is open inside, but the open water stops just at the entrace to the marina.

[url "http://www.livelakeview.com/lakes/willardbay/"]http://www.livelakeview.com/lakes/willardbay/[/url]
[signature]
I put a post in Sunday eve. Yes the water is rising fast. It looks like it gained at least a foot since Sunday. The red line is no longer visable and it was near waters edge. the lake opening up should get most of us an early shake down on our boats.
[signature]
I just PM'd LH2 to see if he knew anything than looked at the the webcam after Pm'ing him and found out for myself that the harbor is open. I was wanting to do the same thing, just run the boat a little. I am going to wait until Saturday/Sunday to do that. That will give me a chance to wait and see if the lake opens up a bit and maybe after tuning the boat up I can cast a line!!!
TS
[signature]
Trout slayer probably knows better, but your new to UT so I doubt you know.

Inside the N. Harbor is a hump. It is out from the launch ramp and a little to the east. If you back off your trailer and head across to the nearest dock, you'll run right over it.
Also after the water opens up, the channel has a hump in it at the end and going north or south to soon after leaving the harbor is a shallow ridge.
If you put your boat in there, be careful, depth sounder on and finger on the tilt/trim.

I would still recommend Lindon Harbor on UT lake. There are now 2 boats on the dosck and by the looks of the webcam you can go out the channel and north to south a good mile or so. Even if you go to Linden, sounder on, and learn your way around before you give it the onion!
[signature]