Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HB 187
What is the status? I heard it was defeated. TS30 fill us in.
Bill was substituted and then failed in the house 34 yea 41 nay. see [url "http://www.le.state.ut.us/~2009/status/hbillsta/HB0187S02.htm"]http://www.le.state.ut.us/~2009/status/hbillsta/HB0187S02.htm[/url]
[signature]
What does substituted mean? So by failed, you mean dead? (for now)
Sorry guys and gals, I really should have been on here right after this happened. Ferry un-circled the bill this afternoon. It was debated for a loooong time, and voted upon. 41-34 victory for the recreational users!

This moment is not only a huge boost for anglers, but it is a very important moment in Utah politics. The people were able to start a grassroots movement and defeat a very powerful and influential legislator and his boys. That speaks volumes to all of you who took the time to get involved in whatever capacity it was. My heartfelt thanks goes out to every individual who did anything, whatever it was, to help this cause.

The battle was won, the war is not over. This thing could come back in this same session. I suggest a "thank you" to every rep who voted for us and a reaching out to reconsider their position to those who voted against us. You can see who voted where here: http://le.utah.gov/~2009/status/hbillsta...2.004h.txt

I think it is vital to see who is anti-angler and who is pro-angler here. And remember those names.

Keith Grover, my rep, for one owes me an explanation. He told me from the beginning, and multiple times since, that he was against HB 187. He voted for it. That to me is unacceptable. I would have respected his stance if he would have been up front with me from the beginning. He will hear from me, and he owes me an explanation as one of his constituents.

I will give a play by play of the debate when I have some time to sit and gather my thoughts. As of right now, I'm just too elated and wound up to formulate anything intelligent (not that I'm very good at it anyway).
[signature]
Thanks everyone that kept us inform during the whole process.
[signature]
Well, it looks like all of my reps voted for it. I live in Provo and Steven Clark, Becky Lockheart, Francis Gibson and Mike Morley all voted for it.
[signature]
[Smile][Smile][Smile][Smile][Smile][Smile][Smile][Smile][Smile][Smile][Smile][Smile][Smile][Smile][Smile][Smile]
[signature]
I smell a big RAT !! As stated on another thread, I had heard that the bill was being withdrawn to be rewritten. These clowns are going to do an end run, either by submitting another bill or going via the Senate. Do not let your guard down, keep a careful watch.

PS: My rep voted against it. I will thank him profusly for his support.
[quote Therapist]I smell a big RAT !! .[/quote]
Not really, i just don't like to see people break the game laws especially after you let them know they are doing it. I am not shy about turning people in if they are poaching.
[signature]
Well, I see my Rep. Webb voted yeah. I have sent him an email detailing my disappointment in his vote and in his lack of reply to my first message.
[signature]
As I understand it (not much) substituted means that a alternate version of the original bill is used, that is what was debated, and that is was lost. From an online source: Substituted bill: "When a bill has been heavily amended by a standing committee to which it is referred"
[signature]
Thanks for the information showing how our representatives voted. I too was a little disappointed as both times I spoke with my rep, he was opposed to the bill. He ended up voting FOR the bill.

I will keep that in mind.
[signature]