Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard is Weady!!! 3/5/09
[cool][#0000ff]Have had a couple of reports...and livecam confirmation...that there is a lot of open water in the northeast part of Willard after all the wind. Marina is wide open and plenty of water for launching any size boat.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Also heard that they are catching cats inside the marina...right off the dock as well as in the channel.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Also heard of one bank tangler catching two dandy walleyes on crawlers he was soaking for kitties.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
tuber you better adjust yer eyes i was out there about 2 hrs ago only thing open is the marina.still looks like you could ice fish it to the north looks like rotten ice.to the south stll froze up looks like antartica,less it came off in the last hour.[shocked]
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]It was WIDE OPEN earlier. Like all of our formerly ice bound waters, Willard will be subject to the whims of the wind direction. What is open in the morning may be blocked again later in the day if the ice shifts.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]A good reason to wait until the ice is completely gone.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
I can't wait. Last year we discovered Willard, and I am greatful to TD for the advise he gave us. I'll have the kids up there again, hopefully before the month is up. I'm looking forward to discovering a bit more of reservoir, and to see how different it is with more water in it.
[signature]
Discover a bit more of the reservoir?????? You are not missing anything. It is a big bowl of water, yet fun to fish with the hard fighting Wipers. If you want to Discover a lake go south to Lake Powell, you will need years to Discover everything there!!![Wink][:p]
TS
[signature]
Powell is good and all, but for a quick trip Willard can't be beat. I figure there has to be more to it than just the Eagle Beach area (even if it does resemble a giant bathtub [:p][cool]).

I'm just looking forward to some catfish and wiper action. Plus, my boy has sworn revenge upon the fish there - he still hasn't gotten over the time one took off with his rod[Image: happy.gif].
[signature]
[quote UtahSprig]

I'm just looking forward to some catfish and wiper action. Plus, my boy has sworn revenge upon the fish there - he still hasn't gotten over the time one took off with his rod[.img][url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/....gif[/img].[/quote]"]http://www.bigfishtackle.com/....gif[/img].[/quote][/url]

Yo tell your boy, to go get 'em!!! I wouldn't get over that either...lol[Image: angry.gif]
[signature]