Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Enjoy young people!
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#0000ff][size 2]UNDER-30 CROWD!!!

If you are 30 or older you will think this is hilarious!!!!

When I was a kid, adults used to bore me to tears with their tedious diatribes about how hard things were. When they were growing up; what with walking Twenty-five miles to school every morning

[/size][/#0000ff][/font]
[center][font "Comic Sans MS"][#0000ff][size 2]

[/size][/#0000ff][/font][/center]
[left][font "Comic Sans MS"][#0000ff][size 2]

[/size][/#0000ff][/font][/left]
[center][font "Comic Sans MS"][#0000ff][size 2]Uphill... barefoot...

BOTH ways

Yadda, yadda, yadda

And I remember promising myself that when I grew up,
there was no way in hell I was going to lay

[/size][/#0000ff][/font][/center]
[left][font "Comic Sans MS"][#0000ff][size 2]a bunch of crap like that on kids about how hard I had it
[/size][/#0000ff][/font][/left]
[center][font "Comic Sans MS"][#0000ff][size 2]and how easy they've got it! [/size][/#0000ff][/font][font "Comic Sans MS"][#0000ff][size 2]

[/size][/#0000ff][/font][font "Comic Sans MS"][#0000ff][size 2] [/size][/#0000ff][/font][font "Comic Sans MS"][#0000ff][size 2]

[/size][/#0000ff][/font][font "Comic Sans MS"][#0000ff][size 2]But now that... I'm over the ripe old age of thirty, I can't help but look around and notice the youth of today.

You've got it so easy! I mean, compared to my childhood, you live in a damn Utopia!
[/size][/#0000ff][/font][font "Comic Sans MS"][#0000ff][size 2]

[/size][/#0000ff][/font][font "Comic Sans MS"][#0000ff][size 2] [/size][/#0000ff][/font][font "Comic Sans MS"][#0000ff][size 2]
[/size][/#0000ff][/font][font "Comic Sans MS"][#0000ff][size 2]And I hate to say it but you kids today you
don't know how good you've got it!

I mean, when I was a kid we didn't have The Internet. If we wanted to know something, We had to go to the damn library and
look it up ourselves, in the card catalogue!!

[/size][/#0000ff][/font][font "Comic Sans MS"][#0000ff][size 2]There was no email!! We had to actually write
somebody a letter, with a pen!

[/size][/#0000ff][/font][font "Comic Sans MS"][#0000ff][size 2]Then you had to walk all the way across the street and put it in the mailbox and it would take like a week to get there! Stamps were 10 cents! [/size][/#0000ff][/font][font "Comic Sans MS"][#0000ff][size 2]

[/size][/#0000ff][/font][font "Comic Sans MS"][#0000ff][size 2]Child Protective Services didn't care if our parents beat us. As a matter of fact, the parents of all my friends also had permission to kick our ass! No where was safe!

There were no MP3' s or Napsters! You wanted to
steal music, you had to hitchhike to the damn record store and shoplift it yourself!

[/size][/#0000ff][/font][font "Comic Sans MS"][#0000ff][size 2]Or you had to wait around all day to tape it off the radio and the DJ'd usually talk over the beginning and @#*% it all up! [/size][/#0000ff][/font][font "Comic Sans MS"][#0000ff][size 2]

[/size][/#0000ff][/font][font "Comic Sans MS"][#0000ff][size 2]There were no CD players! We had tape decks in our car. We'd play our favorite tape and "eject" it when finished and the tape would come undone cause that's how we rolled dig? [/size][/#0000ff][/font][font "Comic Sans MS"][#0000ff][size 2] [/size][/#0000ff][/font][font "Comic Sans MS"][#0000ff][size 2]

We didn't have fancy crap like Call Waiting! If you
were on the phone and somebody else called they got a busy signal, that's it!

And we didn't have fancy Caller ID either!
When the phone rang, you had no idea who it was! It could be your school,
your mom, your boss, your Bookie, your drug dealer, a collections agent, you
just didn't know!!! You had to pick it up and take your chances, mister!

We didn't have any fancy Sony Playstation video
games with high-resolution 3-D graphics! We had the Atari 2600! With games
like 'Space Invaders' and 'asteroids'. Your guy was a little square! You
actually had to use your imagination!! And there were no multiple levels or
screens, it was just one screen
forever!

And you could never win. The game just kept getting
harder and harder and
faster and faster until you died! Just like LIFE!

You had to use a little book called a TV Guide to find out what was
on! You were screwed when it came to channel surfing! You had to get off
your ass and walk over to the TV to change the channel! There was no
Cartoon Network either! You could only get cartoons
on Saturday Morning. Do you hear what I'm saying!?! We had to wait ALL WEEK
for cartoons, you spoiled
little rat-bastards!

And we didn't have microwaves, if we wanted to heat
something up we had to use the stove ... Imagine that!

[/size][/#0000ff][/font][font "Comic Sans MS"][#0000ff][size 2]That's exactly what I'm talking about! You kids
today have got it too easy.
You're spoiled. You guys wouldn't have lasted
five minutes back in 1980
[/size][/#0000ff][/font][font "Comic Sans MS"][#0000ff][size 2]or before !

Regards,
The over 30 Crowd
[/size][/#0000ff][/font][font "Comic Sans MS"][#000000][size 3]
[/size][/#000000][/font][/center]
[signature]
HaHa you're old!
[signature]
Hey I am not 30+ But I thought that it was funny and true, I did grow up in the 80's I was lucky enough to have a nintendo with the 3 pack combo game that had mario bros, duck hunt and track and field with all the extras(power pad, gun, two controllers) their was no comparison at the time. And the radio recording, hit that nail right on the headLOL
[signature]
*wistful sigh*
I miss playing Space Invaders

I also liked Tombstone, on the Texas Instrument. It was a keyboard, with a slot on the side for game cartridges (kinda like Nintendo's). And then some games, like the football and golf, you had to use cassette players!

Maybe I'm a little too young (exactly 30!) to remember 10 cent stamps... I think I only remember them being around 35 at the cheapest.

Anyhoo, now I got a big ol'e bout of nostalgia! LOL
[signature]
That was hilarious I'll be 32 at the end of march I remember most of that but you forgot to mention good old Payphones !!!

No cell, mobile or texting I remember having to walk to the circle K and using there payphone to talk to my friends [cool][cool][cool]

Damm I sound old [blush]
[signature]
circle k says it all
[signature]
Hoo Boy, younguns! Now here's some reminiscenses from a certified GEEZER.

Before I started school, we lived on my Grandpa Robison's ranch out by Baker NV & we didn't have indoor plumbing, Mom cooked on a wood stove & all we had for light were coal oil lamps. I vividly remember my brother just younger than me & myself standing on the back step peeing into the darkness just before going to bed. The first telephone I talked on was a big brown box on the wall with a black microphone sticking out of the front, a crank on one side & a heavy coke bottle shaped thing on the other that had a wire on it and you had to hold the big end to your ear to listen. You had to turn the crank like heck for three or 4 turns then pick up the listener thing and the operator would say "number please". You'd tell her & if the other line wasn't busy & somebody was home on the other end you could talk to them. Oh, I forgot. Before you did the crank thing you had to pick up the listener to be sure nobody was already on the line 'cause if you turned the crank when somebody was talking, it wouldn't be long before you got a call & had the riot act read to you.

We got dial calling when I was in the sixth grade and "BLACK & WHITE" TV when I was a junior in high school.

In the summer we could hitch hike from Ely to McGill to go swimming and were absolutely safe doing so. We could hike or ride our bikes just about anywhere that we wanted to & if we got tired & were pushing our bikes the first pickup that came by let us throw the bikes in the back & gave us a ride.

I remember my brothers, some friends & myself taking our 22's to school after lunch (we had to have the bolts out), giving them and our bullets to the principal for safekeeping then getting them when school was out & going rabbit hunting. E. Ely grade school was at the very edge of town then so we could load up as soon as we left the school ground. Every thing was OK unless some dummy decided to shoot back toward town. Can you imagine that happening today?

If we got in trouble at school, God help us when we got home. The teachers didn't get sued, fired or any of that sissy liberal crap.

We've got a lot more now than we had then but even if I had the chance, I wouldn't trade my childhood & youth for all the luxuries - anything today for that matter for what I had & experienced then.
[signature]