Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
STRIPPERS????(aka Stripped bass)
Where would you post???

Well, I lived here in Kodak, TN for 4 years and decided if you ain't huntin, fishin, camping......you ain't livin here in East TN.

I pretty much figure I want to concentrate on catching strippers (maybe walleye too). I guess Cherokee and Norris are about the 2 best in this area?????

I would like to find some recommendation for getting started.

I know they are both deep water fish and am planning to buy a down rigger, but what bait to use and where exactly/?

Thanks in advance.

Bill
[signature]
I am going to move this post to the bass board and the saltwater board.. I think it will get some attention over there. Welcome to BFT.[cool]
[signature]
stripers...

striped bass...

and yes you can catch them in most lakes in Tennessee.

the best spots are below spillways... they love the shad there.

look for when the shad are are even jumping out of the water trying to get away.

you can use artificials and catch them but live shad is the best about 3in to 4 long and hook then from the mouth up and then spear them in the gut to make them work as they are dying.

can catch 20lb stripers that way from the bank if you are in a boat troll the them .... get your boat up close to the spillway then let out your line ... with the bait.... then let you boat drift down the water and once you find the depth you will catch huge ones.

hope this helps.... always use what the baitfish are in the river we have caught 40lb stripers on HUGE MINNOWS even.... small ones won't work.
[signature]
gray and white road runner works great
[signature]