Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
any open water shore access
Does any one know of some open water that i can get some shore fishing in on sunday? I don't think i want to trust any of the ice with the weather we've had recenlty.
[signature]
Up north their is always utah lake that is ice free as of today I am sure. I bet you could fish willard also. I think willard has ice still but not sure.

their is all sorts of open water down south.
[signature]
i am close to Willard but never fished it, any helpful hints.
[signature]
I would try to look at old posts on this forum. Even if they are from 5 years ago they have good info on willard. I havnt fished willard much but any traditional approaches would probably work. what are you wanting to target?
[signature]
I have only ever fished for trout in utah and have always stuck to what i know but i've wanted to start going after other species and i am trying to talk the wife into letting me get a small boat but she says i have to many expensive hobbies now. i guess this sunday will be a perfect chance to try somthing new.
[signature]
The north marina at the bay is open. There was even a boat sitting in it yesterday.(Friday) There might be a few fish cruising in and out of there. It's open right to the end of the mouth. Water level is coming up good.
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#800000][size 4]You can fish either the north or south marina but the north marina is you best bet right now. You’d have to walk about a quarter mile or so to get to the south marina due to the gate still being closed at the entrance. Also, the inlet channel at the south marina is closed to all fishing until the end of April due to the walleye spawn.[/size][/#800000][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#800000][size 4] [/size][/#800000][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#800000][size 4]Catfish and walleye have been caught in the north marina harbor during the past week and you can drive to it after you pay the day use fee of course. The fee this year is $10. Or get an annual pass which gets you into all state parks all year long. Don’t forget, if you have a fishing license, you get a $5 discount on the annual tag.[/size][/#800000][/font]
[signature]
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I'm 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms."