Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bent fishing rods.
Don't know if this is useful to anyone but --------. I got back form a trip to Colo. a while back and had my bass rod jammed in the back of my Outback for about a week and when I took it out it had a permanent bend in it. Well. recently I took it upstairs and got my wife's hair dryer out, put it on high while reverse bending and wala, it's back to normal. I figure it just got hot in the back seat window and put a permanent bend in it. Does this help anyone. Also, if this belongs in another BF forum. please put it there.[Smile][Smile]
[signature]
Interesting. Is it graphite? I know it could happen to a wood rod. I bought my 8 yr old daughter a cheap wood rod and it is as straight as a jump rope.
[signature]
what fisherman think of lol. good idea leaky. it usually doesnt happen to me unless ive been using a downrigger but the i just turn the rod the opposite way and it equals out.
[signature]
It's a St. Croix Triumph (graphite) 6' 6" Med Light fast action rod. I previously tried storing it bent in reverse for a few days and that did nothing for it. The heat is what did it and it was the heat that returned it.
[signature]
That's funny, and good to know. I will remember that if I run into the problem
[signature]
What if it is bent because it caught too many fish!!!![Wink]
[signature]
That's a good bend, maybe you should keep it. [laugh]
[signature]