Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Gorge, 6-4&5-03, Report + Guess!
Ok, here it is,

Fished just over 2 dys, at the confluence, from the shore since there was a strong off shore breeze, not good for float tubes. Stuck to shore since was having reasonable luck. Got my friend out in the float tube the second day for his first time but it was just as good for shore wading. Probably caught more that 50 smalleys but most on the small side. My guess is that it was still last of pre spawn with the males just coming in. As time went on they got bigger. Caught about 10 13-16in (all the second day) with a lot at what I call a cookie cutter size of about 11-12 in. With the cool weather coming, it will probably delay the "big move". It's probably warmer down south, like Spring Creek, where I normally fish, but I was just too lazy to move. Water temp.s were 58 deg. when I got there and 61 deg. when I left. Wheather was about 42 deg. in the morning warming to about 77 deg.

Ok, anyone want to play? I've got a new favorite lure, far surpassing anything else I've tried. Anyone want to try to guess? The only hints I'll give is that I fished from shore and it's a plastic. For a long period of time I was catching fish on 90 % of every cast!!!! If you guys get reasonably close (my decision), I'll name it, other wise I'll keep it to myself. Heh, Heh!

[crazy][sly][sly][Tongue]
slugo plastic jerk bait

aquaman
[signature]
Nope!
[signature]
senko
[signature]
DOH !

aquaman

sleep: that annoying time between fishing trips
[signature]
[Smile]hey leaky it had to be a tube jig trfishin
[signature]
Nope, Nope, Nope,

Hey Kayote, BearLakeMac,Scooter and the rest of you experts,where's your guess.

Poncho, you fish for these guys a lot, what am I using.

Tube Dude, the all knowlegeable one, who's tried everything, what am I using?

I'll drop another big hint if things slow up

Leaky
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]Heck, Leaky! You didn't even tell us what kind of fish you were catching. Smallies? And except for a very few lures, all are made of some sort of plastic whether it's and thermal injected hard body crank or a soft silicone base type. I'm not guessing only because I'll just comfirm what everybody else already knows and that is I don't know a dang thing.[/size][/font]
[signature]
Soft-plastic crawfish imitation of some kind?
[signature]
I'm reading your mind.....I'm reading your mind. O.K. that didn't work, I don't know what it is but I guess a Yo-Yo, probably brown or pumpkin seed.
Arkie jig[Wink]
[signature]
Banjo Minnow????Split shot 6" up?????

walleyebob
[signature]
5" purple worm with hand painted clown face with a Gamakatsu offset shank worm hook 1/0 . Did I win ?? Is powerbait made of plastic ?
[signature]
Sorry Bear, left out the most important thing - smallies!!

Nope, Nope, Nope, Nope, Nope.

So far, if I know what a Banjo minnow is (just guessing), Walley is the closest, but not very!

Is it time I "Drop" another hint?

[sly][sly][sly]Leaky
Hells,

You win the reward of the funniest - a choice of a water soake Snickers or a broken toilet seat for a buket to pop in!

[laugh]Leaky
[cool]Sounds like a setup for the deadly "drop shot" rig.

TubeDude
[signature]
Tube,

Yes and no. Getting closer! LOL

[Smile]Leaky
Carolina rigged tubes, grubs, and small senkos
[signature]
tome - back off the mark again.

Come on guys - look at my last clue, Dude's response, my reply.

Do we need a prize? A free rid in my float tube? You guys getting bored with this? I might have to give up on you guys. With all you knowlegeable fishermen?

Dude - what type, how fished?

[Tongue]Leaky
[cool]Last shot...how about a dropper rig...two jigs/lures in one...high-low rig?

TubeDude
[signature]