Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Zonker Update
[cool][#0000ff]We have a few newer members who may not remember Zonker, a long time tuber and fly flinger on our little board here. Those who know him should remember that he was suddenly diagnosed with kidney cancer and has been battling it for all he is worth. [/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]I got a notice that he has had another setback and is likely going in for more surgery. I emailed him a message of support and this was his reply. I hope I am not violating any confidences with him.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
"We're going up this morning for pre-op assessments and an MRI as soon as they call us for an appointment. Bad headaches for several weeks. Brain tumor (kidney cancer metastasis, most likely.) Surgery could be as early as tomorrow if it is operable. One neurosurgeon down here said "yes" after looking at a CT scan. Hope she was right.

I miss the forum. Stop in once in awhile to catch up. Not much fishing going on here at the moment for me, though I've been wanting to get out. If I continue in my "right mind" maybe I can get something going when there has been recovery. Been teaching a group of young boys at church to tie flies. They're having a good time."

[#0000ff]He may not get PM's forwarded for awhile, but for any who want to email him, this is his address:[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[url "mailto:hwy20coc@comcast.net"]hwy20coc@comcast.net[/url]
[signature]
That's too bad. Not the news he needed. Thanks for the update though and the email address. Note sent.
[signature]
Thanks TD
[signature]
Zonk will be in my prayers!!
[signature]
Thanks Pat,

I'm glad to see Dave is not keeping this to himself. He needs all the support he can get.

God Bless,
Don
[signature]
We are all praying for Uncle Z and a favorable recovery.[:/]
[signature]
[quote tubeN2]We are all praying for Uncle Z and a favorable recovery.[:/][/quote]

Keep praying ladies and gentlemen. I just got an email from Dave. He was operated on for the brain tumour 2 days ago. By the amazing grace of God he is home with the mental facility to compose and type an email. Halleluiah, I like where this is going.

God Bless,
Don
[signature]
God always answer prayers and sometimes we even like His answer, this is one of those times. All to the glory of our Father. Now to have the prayers aswered that "Zonker" may recover so that he will be able to enjoy one of the pastimes he enjoys like we all do here, the tug on the end of our fishing pole.

Thank you Lord
[signature]