Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Zonker Note
Pleasantly suprised (and humbled) about seeing a note about me on the forum this morning. Thanks, TD, and to the rest of you who have sent email. I'm pressed for time at the moment but here is a copy of a note I sent to fellow forum member and friend, smallouth89 (Don) this morning:

Hi Don,
Crowded for time this morning but I wanted to give you a quick update. I was at the university hospital all day yesterday seeing various doctors and we didn't even leave Portland until around 8 pm. for the 2 hour drive home. Pending the outcome of an additional late-in-the-day MRI they gave me, I am scheduled for surgery a week from today - Tuesday, March 17 in the morning. (A little more time delay than they originally suggested, which is probably good. I can finish my taxes!) They will do standard brain surgery to remove the tumor and then general radiation to try to kill anything they missed. If all goes well I'll be in Intestive Care for one day, then in the regular hospital for 2-3 days. Recovery, again if all goes well, should be 1-2 months (if I'm not being too optimisic here.) Of course, unless God has moved in some way I'm unaware of, I'll still be dealing with the disease in my lungs. If they leave me with some brain (Smile) and if they don't find any additional surprises, maybe I'll be back in the float tube on some sunny day in spring. The stack of fly rods in the corner of my tying room is calling me.
God bless.
Dave
P.S. This info is sharable. I've received some nice notes from people on the forum since I guess we'll all linked together in the common nature of our mortality.

Thanks again to those who have written.

zonker (Dave Redick)
[signature]
March 17th is a lucky day if your Irish.. and if you're not.. well the rest of us Irishmen can make sure you get your fair share.. [laugh]

MacFly [cool]
[signature]
Zonker,

You and your family are in our prayers.
[signature]
Zonker,

Best of luck and our prayers and thoughts are with you.[fishin]
[signature]
You'll be in my prayers!!
[signature]
Put up the good Fight there Zonker! Heart and soul are with you.
[signature]
Good luck zonker! You're really an inspiration. I've always enjoyed your posts over the years. You'll definitely be in my prayers.
[signature]
Prayers for you. I went in your [#800080]blogspot.com[/#800080] and I like the frist picture of the carp facing you with the lake in the background, it tells the whole story![Smile]
[signature]
Zonker, I don't know you as I am new to the board. I just want to encourage you and let you know I have prayed for your healing and that you would draw closer to the Lord during this trial. I am certain there are many more people praying for you than have posted.

Remember He promised to never leave us or forsake us.

So get well soon & get back to fishing!
[signature]
Thanks Forgiven, for the reminder. And thanks to the rest of you for your kind and caring sentiments. I realize there are many views of life represented here and I don't want to yank anyone's chain. I'd just like to say that, as a Christian, I am surprisingly (even to myself) at peace with this whole thing. I do hope I can continue fishing and enjoying the company here but I'm fine with whatever the outcome.

God bless.

zonker
[signature]
Well said, Dave!

God Bless,
Don
[signature]
I feel compelled to add my thoughts and prayers for you. I have been reading your posts for a long time. I think I was attracked to them by your handle. I have been a fan of the Zonker for a long time. I still use them on the Teton river with great success.

Windriver
[signature]