Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard 6-6 (report)
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]Teroy and I were on the water by 3:30pm. Trolled the Feedlot and south dike using wally divers, producers, and other stuff with no luck. We tried the island and also the west dike where we saw tons of fish but only hooked one wally on a producer prism shad and side planer.[/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]Just about dark, we went back over to the island and put producers on every rod. We trolled around the island at 2.5 - 3.0 mph. We marked the island with the GPS and after dark used the GPS to circle the island when we couldn't see the island buoy any longer. We fished in 11 to 3.5 ft of water. We ended up catch 11 wiper, all nice sized and one puny walleye; Teroy's first. We came off the water around 11:00pm.[/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]I definitely need to get some exterior lights for that boat of mine. Darkness, treble hooks and flopping fish have a tendency to make things interesting. Also Teroy had a snag and lost a lure and used the Lowrance backlight GPS screen to re-tie by it. It was a good trip and I was happy to leave the kitchen from Hell project for a while. As usually Teroy was a blast to fish with.[/size][/font]
[signature]
Puny, I thought it was HUGE!!![Tongue]

Was a great trip BLM. Thank you
[signature]
Congratulations Teroy on your first (puny or huge) walleye.

Me my brother inlaw and my nephew were at willard from 5:30-10:00. The first couple of hours was slow for us also. We fished the feed lot area and worked our way out to the island. Caught our first fish about 8:00 east of the island. Then we fished about 200 yards west of the island and caught a couple of walleye and a couple of wipers. Then we trolled to the south marina and picked up two wipers and a 18" walleye that pulled my planner board under water it was the best fighting 18" walleye I have ever caught. We ended up with 3 walleye and 5 wipers. The blue&white prism shad and the clown colored shad rap worked best for us.

I think I saw you guys out at the island but did not reconize you because it was to dark. I trolled past the island on the north side just as it was getting dark.
[signature]
Great report BLM it is good to hear the wipers are finally on. I just got back from a three day trip to the Gorge and need to do some catching up on what's been going on at Willard. I'll post my report tomorrow. WH2
[signature]
Congrats!,on the wallaye Teroy.

Great report BLM.

wiperhunter2,you caught anymore fish on that lure.I didn't even try it last time out,the prism shad was working so I didnt fish with it.

TIGHT LINES,

Tony[cool]
[signature]
Tony, the last time I fished at Willard (during the fish-n-feed) my son and I caught two walleye and a couple of wipers on them. I hope I can get out there later this week but I just got back from three days at thr Gorge and it will be a few more days untill I can get out again. WH2
[signature]