Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What's Your Favorite Fish Catching or Eating?
Winter is almost over and a lot of us are already dreaming about Spring and Summer fishing. What's your favorite fish for catching or eating or both and why? Time to spice things up until open water and warmer days arrive.

Mine for catching has got to be smallmouth bass for the fight. They are like buckin' broncs for the fight they give for the size of fish. Walleye has heavenly white, sweet, flaky flesh that's yum yum to the palate. And brook trout are beautiful little critters that are also great to eat fresh from a frying pan and campfire and a remote campsite in the mountains. Food always tastes and smells better outdoors for some reason.

DeeCee [Smile]
[signature]
We head out to the Olympic Peninsula for salmon fishing every summer, and my vote has to go to the coho (silver) for the best fighting fish. "Berserk" best describes them. They get up on the surface, and travel with such great speed I defy anyone to keep a tight line. We fish for them with steelhead weight rigs, and wow, what a lot of fun! Mike
[signature]
I have two favorites: saltwater and fresh. For saltwater fish the mighty Red is hard to beat. Many a reel has been stripped clean when a big one decides to head the other way!
In freshwater I love Largemouth bass. They fight hard and taste delicious. It is impossible to forget the first time I saw a largemouth crash through the lilly-pads after a plastic frog. Heart stopping! Sure do miss that...
[signature]
I hear silvers can be a lot of fun to catch. Years ago here in Idaho the Fish and Game Dept. used to stock cohos in the Blackfoot Reservoir and Island Park Reservoir. They never seemed to get much bigger than 12 to 14 inches. When they hit a certain size they wanted to head to the ocean in the Fall and would come down the Blackfoot River and every irrigation ditch that led off of it. You would see young kids fishing for cohos in irrigation ditches running right down the middle of Pocatello.

DeeCee [cool]
[signature]