Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Brownlee Last weekend in March
We are thinking of going to Brownlee the last weekend in March to burn off the spring fever. Does anybody have any tips for fishing from the shore? We have no boat.
[signature]
Welcome to the forum. I would send a PM to EZOP. He is the Brownlee expert.

Windriver
[signature]
Forget the PM. Post it here and let us all know. I love fishing that area. We go up the last week in May and then throughout the summer and fall.

Com'on May!!!!
[signature]
A lot depends on where you want to fish Brownlee.

If you go in on the Weiser side then Steck Park is a good area for catfishing.

If you go in from Huntington on the Oregon side then you have Farewell bend, Spring Camp and follow the road on down and have numerous pull-offs to fish. You have the Cemetary area, Swede's Landing and everthing in between. Remember you have to have an Oregon license if you fish the Oregon side.

If you want to fish Woodhead up thru Cambridge you have from the campground down to the dam to fish. There is a big Bass tournament (100 plus boats) out of Woodhead on the 28th of March so the campground will be full.

Water temp going thru Weiser is about 38 degrees right now and is about 44 feet down. I would think fishing is going to be tough for warm water species. Hope for some warm days the next two weeks. Good luck and let us know how you do. [fishin]
[signature]
Might try casting jigs from shore and working them deep along the shoreline. The shoreline is quite steep as the lake is built in a canyon. Smallmouth bass and crappie are present. Crappie might be staging and getting ready for the spring spawn. Also might try for some catfish using a glob of nightcralers or a stinkbait. Fish type crankbaits might be good for the smallies but it might be just a little early for fast action. Goodluck. [Smile]

DeeCee
[signature]
McCormick Park is just below Brownlee dam. It has 34 RV sites with water and electricity. It is on Oxbow Reservoir. It is less than 10 miles from Woodhead. It even has showers. Check out idahopower.com. It has all the info.

I'll be at Brownlee April 14th thru the 20th. I'll be staying at Woodhead. The weather hopefully will be bettter and warmer.
[signature]