Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Yesterday's great no tube Rpt-Blame TD
TD opened the door so blame him, ok? Hope it offers a change of pace during these winter months for us cold feet.
Had another great day on the Weber River yesterday. What is soooooooo great is that this is my forth time now whith much the same results. Previous trips I caught a few bigger and 1 monster 6.5 pound rainbow, but I ain't complaining. How can I, just look at these guys. I caught a couple of nice whities, but you don't need pictures of them. I just eat them. [Image: wink.gif]
Any way, got there about 12:30 at about 35 Deg. air temp. and started at my lower hole. Don't usually fish it since it's full of rocks and cement chunks and I lose my stuff there on snags. Of course it got me again. More later. Caught my "first guy" and suddenly realized I didn't have my net or camera. Been taking my camera lately because I keep missing pic.s of the monsters and then I get chewed out by everyone and of course I get the old "yeah, yeah, where's the proof". So luckily I found a shallow area surrounded by rocks so I dragged him into it, ran back and got my net and camera. Came back, still there, thus the pic. When taking pic.s, I found the net invaluable to put them in and put them in the shallows and let them revive before releasing. Caught the "Second and Third guy" in the same hole plus a nice whitie. Decided to move up the hole amongst the deep rocks and cement and was using my spin gear at this time (better chance of not loosing my stuff") and yep I hooked the biggest guy of the day, dark beautiful colors too. Fought him to the point I had him in the shallows where I could see how big and pretty he was and, well, you guessed it, made one final run, got logged in the cement stuff and broke off.[Image: mad.gif] He's still there though and I'll eventually get him.
Moved to my second hole and caught my " fourth, Fifth and Sixth guy". Wow, am I having a ball or what? Getting late now and decided to give this hole a rest.
On the way out, I stopped at a little hole by the bridge where I usually catch whities for dinner. Caught 2, Let Sparky chase one down for his treat. He carries it around for a while showing off, then he eats most of it. His biggest thrill is to chase em down in the shallows after I release them. Of course I don't let him do this with the trout, he sure would like to though. I hold onto him when I release em. Well, you guessed it, I hook into the "seventh guy" had to run back to the truck for camera again. Didn't think there were any big guys in this litle hole. Actually I think he was the biggest, maybe 20-21 in,?
What was I using? On my fly rod, 2 droppers, upper #14 prince and lower #16 caddis larva. On the spinning rod I was using 6# line with a 1/32 oz. lead head jig with a small Berkley, toad colored plastic nymph. Caught about half te fifty on ea.
The last pic. is of my best bud and my fishing partner, Sparky, aka "the Sparkinator" with his stick that I used to entertain him with between hole and after fishing.
Well, that the story from yesterday. Hope I didn't overstep my bounds since this is supposed to be a tubing forum.[frown] As I said, If I did, well, blame TD.
[signature]
Good night!!! Those are beautimous..... [Wink] You are really puttin the hurt on some nice browns. Glad Sparky got his fish too. You just need to have somebody take a picture of you sitting in a tube in the middle of the water and it'd fit right in. Might be tubin for some cats here shortly up in your neck of the woods.... would you be interested?[cool]
[signature]
Some nice keepers there! Methinks that "helper" wants to help himself to one of those scaly morsels.

-ABT
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Nice work.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Go ahead and blame me. I'm married so I am used to getting blamed for everything.[/#0000ff]
[signature]