Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tube patches
[#000000][#ee3030][/#ee3030]

The local fishing store sells the patch tape for vinyl tubes. Well that work on my PVC inflatable boat? The label does not have any real info.

[/#000000]
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]That tape is great stuff and can help keep you on the water if you get a small leak. But, whether or not it will be a good permanant repair depends on the size and nature of the leak.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]A small leak, above water, should be fixable at least for a while. But, sunshine and exposure to air and moisture can weaken it over time. Better to make a permanent fix with Aquaseal. Underwater holes will also hold for an indeterminate time. [/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]If you have a cut or tear, then a patch with PVC glue is best.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]That tape works great on PVC or urethane air chambers. Once it sets, it is held in place by the pressure of the bladder against the cover and may never need to be replaced.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
I bought several rolls of Patch tape from AIRE. Glad I did cause now it looks like they sell little patches for the same price as a roll.
I KNOW this was the patch for Urethane and it doesn't decompose in the UV plus it really isn't exposes as it is on the bladder under the cover.
The thing about this tape is, you put it on the hole, then take a nickel (smooth edges) and rub the patch. It molds to the Urethane and becomes one. I have no idea how it works on Vinyl but I am betting very will.
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]My guess is that it will work okay on the vinly/PVC too. [/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]I also bought a roll, but thankfully have not had any leaks to try it on since buying it. My info is all second hand, from others who HAVE tried it. All good reports so far.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
Same here.
[signature]