Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard's getting hot ...
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]At Willard, the weather is warming up, the bugs are getting thick, and the wipers are non-stop.[/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]Hit the bay with my oldest daughter and her husband this morning. We found the honey pot out by the light pole. Lisa caught 5, Zack caught 4, and I caught 2. May not sound all that hot but those 11 wipers came in in a 2-hour period! Started catching them at about 9:00 AM and left around 11:00. Even though I tried several other lures (that's why they caught so many more than me ... I was busy trying other lures) every one of them was caught on a modified prism shad. Lisa's stick was pulling one modified with white and chartreuse flash-a-boue on the tail hook. The others had white and red. All but one wiper averaged about 3 - 3.5 lbs and all put up a real fight.[/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]Lisa's first Wiper:[/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2][Image: NAYL2492CustomImage0296268.jpg][/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]Zack's first wiper:[/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2][Image: NAYL2492CustomImage031123.jpg][/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]The light poll from where we were catching them:[/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2][Image: NAYL2492CustomImage0304392.jpg][/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]We wern't the only ones enjoying the bay today:[/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2][Image: NAYL2492CustomImage0322382.jpg][/size][/font]
[signature]
Wow, great day on the Bay Coot! Congrats. Great pics too.
[signature]
Thursday??? Are we still on???
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]Thursday it is ...[/size][/font]
[signature]
sounds like a good time coot. enjoy fishing with you and cant wait to get you up here in our country, strawberry, the rtout dont hit as hard but they do like to fight a lot.
[signature]