Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Great site!!!
I just signed up after lurking on this site for quite a while. I have to admit you guys are great. Just like one big happy family!!! Always eager to help a fellow angler and hook up with members of the site for some great fishing excursions.

I'm fairly new to Utah, been here 8 months. Moved from NYC and I love to fish but have been having trouble lately hooking into anything except a planted rainbow. I have been reading all your posts and have been atempting to employ some of your tactics. But no luck.

Yesterday I spent most of the night at utah lake, American fork boat harbor and caught didly. I was sure I would catch something after those utah lake posts I read.

The best fishing I had here in UT, besides the various stocked ponds, was this gem of a lake in the desert south of Wendover (blue lake). Caught tons of bluegills 9-12" beg suckers, and a couple of small bass. I could see the big guys but couldn't entice them to bite. They would hover along the shoreline swim up to the bait then turn away. They were well over 24"

If anyone wouldn't mind helping a former new yorker and new Utahn catch some fish and could use a fishing buddy during weekdays or weekends I would be sooooooooooooooo gratefull.

Not much of a freshwater fisherman, my experience is limited to saltwater but from what I understand wipers at willards are similiar to what I'm used to. Casting, trolling and baitfishing for bluefish and stripers in the Long Island Sound.

Thanks,

Al
[signature]
hi fellow new yorker and welcome to the site if you want to "hook up" and do some fishing sometime feel free to send me a private message or e-mail aquaman84115@yahoo.com
aquaman
[signature]
[Smile][red][size 2] Hi there hustler898, Glad to have you on board. I myself am from Massachusetts, so I am very familer with the bluefish and Stripers. As a matter of fact I am going to be in Mass. in July for some serious salt water fishing.[/size][/red]

[#ff0000][size 2] Anyway It's great to have you here and maybe we can hook up for some Wiper fishing at Willard. Later Bud.[/size][/#ff0000]

[#ff0000][size 2] AFDan52[/size][/#ff0000]
[signature]
Sounds great!!!

Just let me know when.

I tell you though, I do miss those blues!!! Usually at this time of the year I'd be fishing Oyster Bay Harbor for 2-3 pound harbor blues, casting anything shinny and silver and pulling a fish on every cast.

That usually holds me over until the big choppers come in around mid July (7-15 pnds) then it's more of the same just bigger fish.

I think I need to go back to NY [Smile]

Al
[signature]
think i need to go with you !
aquaman
[signature]
I can be of no help until it gets below frezzing. However, when that time comes I will be more than happy to fess up all I know for a 30 pack of Genny Cream and 4 Coney Dogs from King of Corona.

IFG
Welcome to the site!!! And yes we love our fishin'[cool][cool][cool]. Looking forward to reading your posts, definitely could use some more knowledge on stripper fishes. I need to get to Lake Powell and catch some!!!
[signature]
Welcome to the site Hustler. Look forward to your future reports and maybe tossing a line with ya someday. Don't hesitate to ask questions here. Our members are more than eager to get you answer for a more enjoyable fishing experience.
[signature]
YEAH THE INSITE I GOT FROM THIS WEBSITE REALLY HELPS JUST READ ABOUT MY DAY OUT AT WILLARD WITH THE WIPERS

ALLL BECAUSE OF THIS SITE !!!!!!!!!!!!! [Wink]
[signature]
hay dude any time you want to go fishing in central utah let me know and we can hook up.. and if you want to go after some big cat's at utah lake let me know i think i can get you on some of the big guy's out there..

from the fuzzyfisher---------------fish on dudes
[signature]
You guys are awesome!!! Got a ton of invitations to go fishing and I plan on taking everyone up on their offers [cool].

Thanks fuzzyfisher I would like that.

Al
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]Welcome to the site, hustler898. The folks here are grade "A" guys & gals. I believe there aren't any better Utah sites than this. Again, welcome and looking forward to your future participation.[/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]Heck, you might as well try the float tubin' quiz and win a $10 gift certificate from HOOKED. A great way to earn a little free tackle. Later.[/size][/font]
[signature]
welcome hope to see you out fishin[cool]
[signature]
[Smile]welcome to the site there is a lot of good people here and a lot of good info. trfishin
[signature]
[#ff0000]Cheers and Welcome! I mostly play in the northern part of the state unless i can pull a few days off in a row then venture to a few other favorites like Fish Lake or the Gorge. Always enjoy meeting and chasing fish with new folks. My family is from the Niagra Falls area via Montana. No wonder I'm so Confused all the time Aye? [/#ff0000]
[signature]
Welcome to the site. Everyone here is more than happy to share their knowledge. I have learned alot from these guys and gals. Looking forward to reading more posts and helping if I can.
[signature]
Welcome aboard. I too am a newbie to the boards, and after lurking for a bit it was time to sign on. Hope to see you out and about on or around some of the great water around.

-OEJ
[signature]