Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Currant Creek
Thought I'd post a report on Currant Creek. Not nearly as buggy as the lower elevation lakes, and definitely not as buggy as the Berry right now. Met a co-worker and his kids up there at about 10:00. Austin (6 yrs old) caught 7 trolling a green wedding ring lure at about 1.7mph. He beat his Dad's 5 before it was time for lunch at noon. I continued with the wedding ring on my own for about 15 minutes and caught another 6 and missed about a zillion. Tried a tripple teazer for a while and only caught one. Then switched to trolling a white 3" curlytail jig with pink head for another 12 fish in about an hour. Spend most of the time trolling about 1.5 to 1.8 mph, don't know water temp, except it was cold. The back route from Highway 40 near the road sheds is closed till June 30, so take the Currant Creek road entrance to access the lake. The weather was clear all day, but a bit windy with some whitecaps coming from the north. All in all it was a good day and it was great to see the kids having fun catching fish and whooping on their dad. Lots of Smiles. A good place to take the kids if you want some fast action for smallish trout.

Fisch R. Mann
[signature]
Thanks for the report . I haven't been there in about 10 years . Real hard to pass the Berry up .LOL Tight lines
[signature]
Couldn't pass on your comment about the Berry being buggy. I have fished Strawberry twice recently (the most recent was Friday evening through Saturday morning) and I never saw a single mosquito or anything else except for a few flies on the water. Curious what types of bugs you are referring to?
[signature]
I was listening to that outdoors show on KSL on the way up in the morning and they said that there was a big hatch going on over the weekend. When I came back home from Currant Creek at about 3:00 on Sunday, I ran through a big cloud of bugs. It sounded like rain and I could barely see through the windshield when it was done. It lasted about 30-40 seconds on Highway 40 near the Ladders. It looked like those little gnats or maybe mosquitos, but I think that it was probably mostly those little annoying bump your face bugs. Anyway, covered the front of my truck like a carpet, and the windshield was real hard to see through until I got to Heber. Didn't want to use the windshield wipers . . . you can only imagine the mess from that.
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]Windshield Wipers? Never caught that species before...[/size][/font]
[signature]
Yeah, I usually get them at Lake Autozone trolling plastic near the outlet or $bill bait on the counter.
[signature]