Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Silver Lake (Brighton ski resort)
Went up to Silver Lake on Sunday evening to let my friends 4 and 6 yr old little girls catch some fish. In our group of 5 we caught approximately 15 fish in 25 minutes until we were surprisingly disrupted by a yearling moose that decided to take a swim across the lake, the fish were just small planters 8-12 inches. Caught them on salmon eggs and some on flies and bobbers. Seen a total of a 3 yr old bull moose, a 2 yr old and the yearling all hanging out together. Definitely motivating to replace my camera!!!
[signature]
Sounds like thats just the ticket for my 9 yr old daughter that is ribbin me to get out try her new fly rod. She's been tying flies for the past week after only one night of instruction, not from me though, I tie a mess, but I try. I've never been up there before. Skiing yes, fishing no.[cool]
[signature]
[Smile]THERE USE TO BE A BULL MOOSE THAT WOULD CROSS THE LAKE ALMOST EVERY TIME I WENT UP THERE BUT THIS WAS A FEW YEARS AGO HAVEN'T BEEN UP THERE IN A LONG TIME THE FISHING WAS OK BUT I WENT UP THERE MORE TO GET AWAY AND WHEN YOU SEE A MOOSE YOU GET AWAY AT LEAST FROM THE MOOSE BUT IT IS NICE TO HEAR ABOUT THE YEARLING MOOSE THANKS TAKE ME BACK
[signature]
Amazing Polo they must be active right now. We had our first moose ever walk down the middle of the street a couple of days ago. Hmmm I wonder if it's something in the water?
[signature]
Used to live up above Huntsville, across the canyon from Causey to the west and we had moose all the time in the yard and the hillsides around us. You could pick out a moose almost every day if you took the time. Cool to hear them closer to home now days.
[signature]
We were in Big Cottonwood Cayon a week ago and saw 6 moose on the road to donut falls all by the cabins. They are definately on the move.
[signature]
[Wink]Really 6 [#0000a0]"M-O-U-S-E"[/#0000a0] on the road, ha, ha, I get fat fingers too. Its good to see the MOOSE thriving in the canyons.
[signature]