Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sunday Afternoon at Willard.
[cool][red][size 2] Went to Willard Bay this afternoon with my brother-in-law for some wicked wiper fishing. We launched at the South Marina about 5:30pm, started fishing by the feed lot but there seemed to be a lot of traffic in that area.[/size][/red]

[red][size 2] So we reeled in and raced over to the light pole area. Started out a little North of the light pole and fished to the south towards the SW corner. Running about 3 mph. We had just gotten past the light pole near the first set of humps when I hooked my first Crappie. It wasn't very big, but it did hit pretty hard. I was using something a little different this time , I was using a Rapala Tail Dancer in White/Black back. Also used about 3 feet of Vanish Mono for some leader and tied it together with a uni to uni knot. The set up worked out great.[/size][/red]

[#ff0000][size 2] After getting things back together and the lines back in the water, I kept on the same rig and within a couple of minutes I nailed a very nice Wiper. Weighed in at 3lbs. 9oz. 19 inches long. Man I love to hear the drag scream when they run. I was still using the same lure. I think that I am going to like this thing. [/size][/#ff0000]

[#ff0000][size 2] The day wasn't over yet, I managed to catch a small catfish 10 minutes after the wiper. No real size so we sent it to find its Grampa. All the while my brother-in law never got a bite the whole time. I don't think he likes me any more. LOL[/size][/#ff0000]

[#ff0000][size 2] I did see BearLakeMack out there in his boat, in the same area that I was in. Not sure who he was fishing with. I tried to get his attention but I was sort of busy bringing in fish. Any way we had a good time on the water today.[/size][/#ff0000]

[#ff0000][size 2] AFDan52[/size][/#ff0000]

[#ff0000][size 2][/size][/#ff0000]

[#ff0000][size 2] [/size][/#ff0000]

[red][size 2] [/size][/red]
[signature]
what kind of boat do you have? I fished the same area last night, probably fished right past you a couple of times, I have a blue and white Glastron with BFT stickers on the side windows
[signature]
There is a picture of his boat that Old Coot posted under Fishboy2's post( Willard W/ Old Coot) the boat is tan but I don't remember the name. WH2
[signature]
I passed right by ya last night as you were heading north, my wife landed one right as you went by.
[signature]
[Smile][red][size 2] Hi there Fish-N-FoolI think that I remember seeing you and your wife. I have a Tan 1963 Lonestar 17 fter, with a Tan Bimini Top. I was with my Brother-in-law. Sorry I didn't recognize you out there. How did you do?[/size][/red]

[#ff0000][size 2] AFDan52[/size][/#ff0000]
[signature]