Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ECHO
Went to Echo this weekend. Fished mostly the south end. We hooked on to a few nice ones, never got them in or even saw them, but the fights were fantastic. I used my float tube for the first time. It was so relaxing I didn't even care if I caught a fish or not. It's definetly got me hooked. I've heard all the talk about the tubes. Now I understand why so many fisherman use them. Sorry about not catching any fish, but I had a ball.
[signature]
[cool]Glad the maiden voyage was enjoyable.

Come on over and visit the float tubing forum on BFT. Be happy to fill in the blanks and help you get more enjoys out of your donut dinghy.

TubeDude
[signature]
Alan,

You didn't say what time you were fishing or what you were using. If you were in near the rocks they are probably smallmouth, if suspended, probably Bows, near the inlet, probably catfish. Echo is the best kept secret in Utah, my son (BEAN) has caught the two biggest non-lake trout of his life through the ice there. I have a float tube also and fish it once in a while but the watercraft drive me nuts.

IFG
IFG--We were way up the river on the southend. We tried worms,eggs. spinners, rapallas and about everything else we could get ahold of. My buddy has an older reinell boat that we took up there along with my tube. Him and his wife have been fishing that area for 20 years. He used his fish finder to meander his way thru the river. At one point he had to get out and walk the boat thru. We were fishing in about 4 feet of water. We could see a lot swimming and rolling, but not biting. My buddy says he has never been skunked there, maybe I was there bad luck, who knows. All that matters is I finally got to go out and enjoy the good life. Catching any is just a bonus.
[signature]
Alan,

I have my own wacko theories about Echo and your buddys a smart guy. Getting away from all the comotion on the lake is a great idea. If Echo is close to where you live try this: Right at twilight or at first light, take the float tube as close the the damn on the Coalville road side as you can get, kick out about 100 yards from shore, tie on a floresent green grub with a floresent orange head, sweeten with a small piece of perch. Work the entire water coloum slowly, like a wounded fish. You should do O.K. Come ice time you'll see me out off the boat launch farther than anybody else, yellow and black jacket and pants, "We get hot when it gets cold" embroidered on the back, two camo older sleds, stop in and say Hi.

IFG
Alan, the fish that you probably saw splashing around on the upper end were carp. This time of year when the water is high is their spawning time. They are fun to catch when the others aren't biting. J/K
[signature]
fish4life---Yea, some were carp but not all of them. I will be going back up there in about two weeks and try a few different things the ifg has posted and some other people that throw out info. This is a good site. Thanks for everyones support.
[signature]