Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
East Canyon 8/06
Went to East Canyon last night with the p-boat, fished near the inlet where JMIG was last Sunday. Got 8 total in 3 hours using 3" black/red metal flake Gizits tipped with crayfish tails (none of that fly stuff for me). I tried green then white What-a-Crickets first with no luck. I casted out and let them sink, giving a quick pop of the rod tip every three or four seconds on the way down. Once I hit bottom, 23', I brought them up slow ...again with a quick pop of the tip. I got all but one on the fall and the action picked up closer to dark. 4 were stockies, 3 were typical E/C holdover fish 14-16" and one was really good size, close to 5# and about 25" long. I tried to get a picture but fighting the fish and taking a pic in the p-boat is not really compatable. I do however have a pic of what appears to be the tip of my foot, the tip of the right pontoon and a silver blur. All were Bows. I talked to the state parks guys and they said the trollers were doing well, but bank dudes were having limited luck. I got plenty of crayfish in ten minutes to use for bait. I had enough left over to make a crawfish and salsa burrito when I got home.

IFG

IFG