Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Deer Creek Walleyes 6-9-03 new
The walleyes are still hitting at deer creek. Caught 10 or 12 Friday didn't keep any so no pictures of them. Caught about 15 today on the main lake points, using bottom bouncers, lindy rigs and crawlers.

[Image: poncho_6923.jpg]

[Image: poncho_6924.jpg]
[signature]
poncho nice eyes!how fast were you trolling and do you have any luck just trolling with the wind over the flats instead of a trolling motor?
[signature]
I am envious of you once again!!!! [Wink] Since I am now a addicted walleye conisour, what time is dinner??? I need to get back up to Deer Creek!!! Nice job poncho!!! [cool][sly][Smile]
[signature]
I just use my trolling motor on the front of the boat so I'm not trolling very fast. I have been catching them on the flats also, drifting with the wind. Go back a few pages and you will see my posts. Last time I hit the flats I didn't do that well so I changed stratigie. Now I haven't seen the need to go back to the flats.
[signature]
thanks for the info! my trolling motor died on me a few weeks ago thats why i wanted to know if you ever trolled with the wind and if you had much luck catching them that way.one more question for you,what color is your floating jig that your using on your lindy rig? thanks!
[signature]
Chartruse or hot pink.
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]Poncho, you're a walleye catching fool! You definitely got their number! Ever think about putting on a little impromptu clinic for us under achievers?[/size][/font]
[signature]
hey blm has a good idea. Hey if I can put on a musky class how about a walleye class for us that want to know more about them. I know a lot but cant get a boat most of the time to get them. but I do want to learn all that I can. lets do a class. I'll help you if you want.I'll bet walleyepaul would also.and I know he knows his stuff.lets get a bft class going
[signature]
Were the fish in deeper water on drop offs now. When I was there on Thursday they had moved off the flat and were on the drop offs on points and the river channel. We found most of the fish in 18 to 23 ft of water. We found one large concentration off the island.

Nice fish.
[signature]
I'm going there today. Look for me in my Tracker boat from 9 am to 3 pm.
[signature]
Very nice bunch of fish poncho! Nice work. It looks like Deer Creek is the place to be for eyes this year. Good luck next time you head out.
[signature]
OK Poncho tell us how deep you've been trolling if you would please. I was there friday but tried to stay away from the big clan on the upper flat. I caught one 24" and we lost a few. but it was dang slow. Started about 1300 and ended at dark. tried the island and lost some there but kept getting the little bass. We even tried the big point off the dam. we did not try the train tracks though.
[signature]