Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Utah Lake Report
On Sunday morning my brother and I fished the Lindon Boat Harbor. After about 2 hours we had caught about 10 Mud Cats. We were trying for a big Channel Cat but no luck. There was a guy next to us who had fished through the whole night and had a stringer full of Muds, we're talking maybe 200 lbs. of fish. We then fished over near the holding ponds and we only caught one Blue Gill apiece. Pound for pound, I think they are the strongest fighting fish out there. All in all, kind of a slow fishing day but we had a good time. Called it a day when it started getting too hot.

Peace.
[signature]
hi rapala i'm heading down there tomorrow and i was wondering if you saw anybody fishing for LM bass ? and if so did they catch any ? anyboby catching white bass ?

aquaman
[signature]
Didn't see anyone fishing for LMB. I'm sure they are around the docks though. Lindon Boat Harbor had lots of people there but we didn't really pay attention as to what everyone was catching, except those close to us.

That's what I've always liked about fishing Utah Lake- you never know what you're going to catch, and there's a good chance it's decent size when you reel it in. My brother catches tons of Walleyes out of there since he lives there in Orem.

I forgot to mention- on the way home I stopped and fished Manua for 20 minutes and all I caught was a small LMB using a jig. The moss looks like it's starting to come on pretty good now.

Good luck when you head down there to Utah Lake!
[signature]
thanx i need all the luck i can get looks like you were a ways from home

aquaman
[signature]
Not too far. I live up here in Cache Valley. I try to go fishing for big Channels with my brother a couple times of year. I'm originally from A.F. so I used to fish Utah Lake a lot when I was younger.

Up here I usually fish Hyrum or Manua, or sometimes the Logan River.

If you do catch some big LMB, I hope you'll post a pic in here : )
[signature]
hey rapala I'm heading up to newton on sat. any Idea of how it's looking,and what there getting. if not I'll have to call al's up there to find out. I'm hoping to get in to the musky's but i'll go for a big cat or bass that are in there. and if you want you could meet me and hellangler69 up there and if you don't fish if much I could help you out with that.
[signature]
I'll take you up on that! I've never fished Newton but I've always wanted to. I'll promised my young boys that I'd take them fishing this Saturday so I'll plan on meeting you there! Wherebouts on the lake will you be, and about what time?
[signature]
well I would like to be up there by 600 and we will hit the dam first will be in a green jeep with bft on sides. pm me on thurs or friday to find out all the skinny. will be doing it from shore cant get the boat this weekend. glad that your going, maybe I can get you in to the muskies.
[signature]
Sounds like a plan! I probably won't be up there that early since I work nights. But I will look for you guys. I have never caught a Musky- it's on my list of things to do before I die! hehe

We'll have to call Al's and find out how they're doing up there.
[signature]
sounds good looking forward to meeting you,and hopfully helping you get a musky.
[signature]