Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
wilard
just came back from above willard bay looks totaly ice free to me.[cool]
[signature]
Looks like the same thing to me Craig. Some ice piled up on the shore from the wind but other than that, Ice free.
It's time to see if there are any walleyes left in the bay [:/]
[signature]
Last year was a great year for the eyes of willard I caught more walleye last year consecutively on every trip than in the past 5 years so I hope there was not a winter die off.
Nothing huge last year but all that my friends and I caught were decent and about exactly the same size. We only kept 4 eyes last session out of the dozens we caught.
Well good luck last time I drove by it this sunday it was open in the north marina but the out let was clogged with ice at least thats what I seen. But the south side of the lake looked open.
[signature]
The parks ranger said it blew off sunday night and monday morning. Time to get-er-done[cool]
[signature]
i cant catch them damn walleyes till yhe water temp hits 60 degrees,thats after the spawn and they are really hungry.i diidnt do worth a crap on them last year,lots wipers but the eyes were pretty scarce compared to previous years.like to see the dwr plant about 100,000 thousand in there to bring the population back up.the spawn probably hasnt been to great with the low water,hell id like to see em put walleye in every resivor we got. now ive gone and done it.....[crazy][crazy][crazy][crazy]
[signature]
More Eyes, only the strong survive.
[signature]
That would be nice!
[signature]
i would not let them plant them in the berry flaminggorge or poricipine.all other waters are okay.[sly][sly][sly]
[signature]
I think you have a soft spot for the kokesLOL.
[signature]
Why did the DWR put muckie into pineveiw instead of walleye? I think walleye would do very well in pineview.
[signature]
I think its because they can control the tiger pop. THEY ARE HYBRIDS AND DONT REPRODUCE NATURALLY oops sorry I wasnt yellin (CAPS LOCK)lol. If there were walleye in the lake I think it would have BAD crash and boom cycles for all of the other species. I am no expert though just my opinion.
[signature]
There are eyes in Pineview.[Wink]
[signature]
i didnt know that, it wasnt me i think pineview would be ideal for them.mabe they swam up the ogden from wilaard to pineview then hichhiked across the head of the dam,they are a smart fish.[cool][cool][cool] but then again i think wipers would do well in causey,soon as they build a boat launch,and stock it with gizzard shad.[cool]
[signature]
There are lots of eyes in Pineview, I can't argue with that LH2 [:p].
[signature]
Now, I thought that I had read somewhere that there were walleyes in poneveiw but when we moved here in Nov I was told by a bunch of people out ice fishing that there weren't any eyes in PV and there never would be unless the dwr stocked them.

Thanks for the info, though thats good to know. I'll gve you a call, I have some questions for you about this. Will you be around tomorrow evening?
[signature]
Okay, after the butt chewing you gave me for taking the boat out last time (which I deserved)[Wink] Now can I take the boat out again.

My wife said I had to ask you guys before she would give me another kitchen pass.[crazy]

As a matter of fact, BigBuck she like your reply the best, she read it and smacked me in the shoulder and said, "See, I'm not the only one who thinks your a dumb-ass" [blush]

[Image: happy.gif][Image: happy.gif][Image: happy.gif][Image: happy.gif][Image: happy.gif][Image: happy.gif][Image: happy.gif][Image: happy.gif][Image: happy.gif][Image: happy.gif][Image: happy.gif][Image: happy.gif][Image: happy.gif][Image: happy.gif][Image: happy.gif]
[signature]
WHAT? WOW this is the second time I have felt like an idiot by assuming that their are no walleyes in in certain reservoirs. Thanks lunkerhunter for expanding my mind.
Like at at Jordanelle, I will be a lot more hopeful while fishing for slimers and bass now at the VEIW. THIS IS GREAT NEWS TO ME!!!
[signature]
Come on friend she couldn't believe she was the only one thinking that..................................................[Wink] lol

Rapalas R rated G for everyone..........................[fishin]
[signature]
Craig :
Gotta get you off the cranks and on the blades if you want early season eyes out of Willard.Get with me after the first week in April and we'll go out.
Your to darned spoiled catching wipers and a occasonal eye on cranks [Wink].
We'll target eyes and take the wipers as a accidental pick up.
No promises but I'll show you what works for me.
Lets plan a day of fishing. We have alot of catching up to do.
Even if the eyes don't co operate we can compare notes on your neighbor (my "X" ) and drink a few beers [sly].
[signature]
Ouch dude, very Ouch..... LOL[Image: happy.gif]
[signature]