Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I get to shoot a pig!!
As an incentive, my boss offered a pig hunt in Corrinne this weekend. He is going to pay for a 300#er or less and the butchering. I am excited to say the least. The Omega is all shined up and ready to head shoot me a hog!
Has anybody else done this hunt? What can i expect? I know Bearclaw shot one a while back. Any suggestions or ideas Chad?
[signature]
HEY !! I take offense to you wanting to shoot a PIG in the head! LMAO. MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM bacon, side pork, Pork butt roasts MMMMMMMMMMMMMMm.

Sounds like a good trip. I heard that if you get one cornered, hold on, They are meaner than hell.[pirate]
[signature]
Just bring some tWinkies...they'll jump in the back of the truck and ride home with you![shocked] haha...i've got a huntin' buddy who guides out there...it'll be fun but don't expect anything "wild"
[signature]
You wont need a butcher if you shoot it with your muzzy [Wink][laugh]
[signature]
Tell him to find me a pig with an attitude![sly] I am packing the new XD 40 too.[:p]
[signature]
LMAO, Not you mark! A stinky farm fed pig.[:p]
[signature]
K he'll bring a rubber band gun and shoot one in the nuts for ya...that oughta turn one on! I shot one in Colorado a couple years ago and I shot it with my 30-30 at 40 yards, and twice with an XD 40 at ten yards as he was runnin' in on me! what a rush All the shots were in the chest and not one of them passed through! Tough pigs for sure.
[signature]
I can't wait. Anybody want to go and video the hunt???
[signature]
Do you know the day/time you are headed out? I might be available to hold a camera for ya!

I've had a couple buddies go out there, they had a good time. Great eatin' pigs for sure. Judging by what they say, It sounds a lot like a canned p-sant hunt. Still a blast though.
[signature]
[#6000bf]I am taking my 11 year old there in May. They seem like really nice people out there.[/#6000bf]
[signature]
Brody, I did one Sunday. It was fun for everyone. I sat and watched as I just had shoulder surgery. Dont expect anything wild but it is still a fun time. We took 4 and they were about 350 each. We took 1 with a rifle, 1 with a muzzy and 2 with arrows. The arrow way is much more fun IMO, more chase and skill required.
[signature]
What does a hunt like that cost? I'm kinda interested in going to shoot one with my bow. Never been out after pigs before.
[signature]
I don't know if you are a big fan of canned hunts? I'm not I don't even like being guided. I'm not saying i'm against it or anything, just not interested in doing it. I wanted to go after pigs really bad with my bow too. I decided to put in for Javelina a couple years ago! They are awesome, way fun, and cool country. Ya, you have to drive a distance, but they are the perfect archery animal. You should try it! I've shot 2 now, . and plan on taking my wife for her 2nd archery animal next year! You can also hunt Coyotes, Bobs, and rabbits they are all plentiful. The bow hunts are in January so it's a perfect vacation from cold UT! It's $250 for all you nonres tags and licenses, and then you can put in for other species too! PM me if you want some info!
[signature]
[#6000bf]If I remember right it is $375 for the smaller 350lb and under.[/#6000bf]
[#6000bf][/#6000bf]
[#6000bf]Anything above that is $475 I believe.[/#6000bf]
[signature]
[cool]Sweet, sounds like the boss is treating you right! You'll have a blast with the muzzy, I used my omega too! The only suggestion I would have is to go with the smaller pig (which you're already doing[Wink])... Those big suckers aren't the best eating. If you are getting it butchered by MB meats make sure you get lots of the bacon, it's awesome. We also had hams made out of the rumps, pretty tasty as well. Take lots of pictures dude and let me know if you see any decent rams..
[signature]
We just got back from a pig hunt out in Castledale area! Me and Cowmilker and my 4 brothers all of us got our pigs 6 in the truck by noon!! It was awesome!!! I'll post pic's when I get my camera back.
[signature]
We are meeting Todd at the gas station in Corrinne at 10 am thursday morning!!! Come on SWINE!!!!![Smile]
Here is the website for anybody who wants more info.[cool]
http://www.riverbendhunts.com/Index.html
[signature]
Well how'd it go? Ya got some bacon on the table or did those elusive meat pigs get the best of ya? Lets see some bloody pics with the smokepole!
[signature]
LH2, is this your PIG???

NO NEED TO RUN FROM THESE BIG BOYS...THEY WILL OUTRUN YOU...

NO NEED TO CLIMB A TREE...THEY WILL JUST GNAW IT DOWN...THE
ONLY WAY WOULD BE TO SHOOT THAT BOOGER RIGHT BETWEEN
THE EYES AND HOPE YOU DON'T MISS....

Over 1,800 lb. wild boar shot and killed in Northern Louisiana . What would you do if this beast was coming at you? Run for dear life? Climb a tree? or simply get run over?
[signature]
If the first shot with the muzzy missed or didn't do him in, the XD loaded with 40 cal Hydra Shocks at point blank should finish the job. I ain't skeered.[:p]
[signature]