Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
keep it to ourselfs or let PETA have it ?????
hey I just started something on kentofnsl post for free fishing, and would like to know how people fill. I think that if we don't get more people in to fishing that the groups like PETA and others will move in. I know I'm opening a big can of worms here but why not. let not get the uper hand on anything. and don't get me wrong if people dont like something thats ok with me but don't try and take it away from me because they dont like it.
[signature]
Many of the freedoms we enjoy here in America are based on the very subject matter you are discussing. Live and let live. We don't have to agree with how someone has chosen to live his or her life. We do have to respect (and cherish) the fact that is their choice. That's what makes this country so great and so hated by other people around the globe.

Some believe that their way of life is "better" than others, and that their way of living should be pushed, or worse yet, forced onto others. This is not limited to animal rights activists. How about the Taliban, Saddam, Osamma, Kim Jong, and I know I'll get it for this one, but almost every organized religion on the planet? There are millions of other examples; these are just a few that came to mind.

You live your life, I'll live my life, and if somewhere in the middle we realize that were both human, and that if we focus on that, not our gender, race, origin, religion, financial status, or any other form of separation or segregation, that the whole of the human race would be just a little better off for it.

That's what I think anyway. I know I got a little off the direct subject, but it's all related. I'll get off my soapbox now. Thanks for letting me vent.
[signature]
Funny a post like this showed up today. I was in reelfishing.com earlier today and the same subject came up. It sent me to fishinghurts.com and [url "http://www.nofishing.net"]www.nofishing.net[/url] what a bunch of idiots!!! Damn they piss me off. I don't give them crap about all the nasty vegatables they eat. Leave my fish alone!! I did notice they didn't have any place to post responses. Going to have to figure a way to contradict them.
[signature]
[cool]I still like the example that shows what the PETA folks are all about...and how prepared they really are to back up what they are proposing.

QUESTION: Why is it that those PETA radicals throw paint on fur coats worn by helpless little old ladies...and they don't do anything to mess up the leather worn by bikers? Discretion is the better part of cowardice.

Actually I love PETA members. They taste just like chicken.

SAVE A SPOTTED OWL...FOR DESSERT.

TubeDude
[signature]
Yes Tubedude they taste just like chicken but sometimes they are hard to fillet, all those veggies make them pretty skinny.
[signature]
[cool]Kinda tough and stringy too. Gotta boil them a long time. I'm thinking of trying a couple of them in my favorite carp recipe...brick soup. In case you haven't tried that, it involves making a nice soup out of refrigerator leftovers...veggies, onions, stale meat and whatever. When it starts cooking nice, add a clean brick and the carp/PETA parts. Simmer for about two hours and then eat the brick and throw the rest out.

Seriously, I think carp are much better than PETA.

TubeDude

(JOKE - JOKE. DON'T TRY THIS AT HOME)
[signature]
I think that everyone has their own freedom of speech adn how they want to live their lives but as soon as radical groups like PETA try to tell me I can't hunt any more or fish any more or anything like that then it is taking it too far. The one thing that I don't understand is the paint on the fur coats cuz in my eyes all that will do is piss off the little old ladies and make them want to buy another coat which in turn is just killing more animals. Another thing is, is if we truly stopped fishing and hunting and buildign dams and all of the other things that these groups hate then they will just start complaining that the wildlife is suffering and they will hate it when certain animals die due to too many in one area and over population and such, they just don't understand how much fisherman and hunters play in keeping the enviroment in check adn us harvesting a few fish now and then actually helps the fish out and provides them with a better way of life so to all of those people out there that think we should stop fishing and hunting and all of that should be ready to recieve retrobution cuz like Toby Keith said you better not mess with the US of A cuz we'll put a boot up your ass it's the american way. Bless our troops adn give PETA the boot. And if we aren't supposed to eat animals then why are they made out of meat
[signature]
[cool]Good last comment knflyfisher.
[signature]
hey why ruin the good taste of a brick by adding PETA meat that kills the flavor. peta shot be used like clay pigeons. just shot them and let them rot on the ground. Hey lets start that as a new sport they will like that we wont be hurting any animals oh wait yes we will those poor ones that have to see and smell all those peta.
[signature]